Policy Research Senior Manager
DiDi’s International Government Affairs Team is responsible for collaborating closely with key policymakers, regulators, media and external stakeholders to build a policy environment that supports the needs of our partners and our business.
As the world’s leading mobility and convenience platform, with upwards of 50 million trips and deliveries happening on our platform every day, DiDi helps more than 550 million people around the world get where they’re going, and the things that they need. That means providing services for millions of people around the world that are environmentally friendly and safe, while providing opportunities for millions in need of flexible earnings, with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion and the best possible earnings and benefits.
The discussion on policy and regulation for urban mobility and convenience has never been more important. The Central Policy team will play a pivotal role in developing and driving a more informed and thoughtful discussion on relevant policies in this area.
As Policy Research Senior Manager, you will use data and research to help tell DiDi’s story around the world.
Working as part of the Central Policy team, you will support our regional Government Affairs and Communications colleagues, using quantitative analyses to build arguments and evidence for DiDi’s public policy positions and communications efforts.
This will include policy research on External Affairs priorities, including mobility (eg seeking to understand and explain DiDi’s impact on urban mobility), regulation (eg analyzing the impacts of different reform options), and the future of work (eg analyzing driver earnings or the value of flexibility).
You will report to the Head of Central Policy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build and manage a pipeline of proactive policy research and analyses on priority issues, to understand and explain DiDi’s impacts in the world, assess regulatory options, and craft better arguments for reform.
- Provide data analysis and research support for regional Government Affairs and Communications teams on policy priorities (such as regulation, labor and safety). Build a sustainable and scalable process for receiving, triaging, and delivering requests for data and insights.
- Partner with third parties on research projects, such as consultants, polling companies, and academics.
- Proficient using SQL and programming languages such as R or Python
- (Advanced) Degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or other quantitative fields
- 8+ years of professional experience
- Experience in policy research, bringing quantitative evidence to bear on public policy questions. For example, experience in 1) urban mobility research/urban planning, 2) regulatory economics/impact analysis, or 3) labor economics would be a plus.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain quantitative and policy research insights to non-technical audiences in a variety of formats
- Excellent written and spoken English, and either Spanish or Portuguese
- Experience working with a global organization is ideal - a background working for U.S. or Chinese tech companies a big plus