HR Generalist (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
People at Brex
The People team keeps our company and culture growing. We’re curious, optimistic, and pragmatic—and work with our colleagues all across Brex to solve organizational challenges. We focus on bringing talented new individuals to the company and providing the tools and resources to empower individual and team success. Above all, we help build an authentic, inclusive environment where our team members can grow and make an impact.
What You’ll Do
As the Senior HR Generalist, you will be focused on taking care of our most important investment at Brex: our employees. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are approachable and solution-focused, possess a deep understanding of Canadian market practices and a good understanding of Canadian labor laws and how they impact HR programs and policies. You have a passion for and are excited about building great companies, including managing processes and programs that help Brex employees do their best work every day.
- Be a brand ambassador for all things People@ related, providing expert guidance on HR-related inquiries, troubleshooting and resolving issues, and supporting employees through various milestones within the employee life cycle
- Utilize your deep knowledge of Canadian labor laws and the market’s employment best practices to interpret Canadian labor laws and regulations to translate into actionable guidelines for Brex and ensure new and existing programs and policies are compliant with Canadian labor law
- Guide and assist employees and our partner teams through processes such as hiring, promotions, internal transfers, and separations, executing said processes in Workday
- Never one to be content with the status quo, innovate and enhance the employee experience by continually seeking avenues to improve People Operations interactions and practices
- Proactively partner with our internal teams to optimize processes and programs, ensuring an exceptional employee experience while aligning with the evolving needs of the business
- Partner with brokers (and your peers in People Operations) to help design and administer benefits, employee policies, compliance requirements; as needed, act as liaison between brokers and employees to resolve benefit-related issues
- Monitor employee compliance and training in our Learning Management System, following up with employees and managers (as needed) to ensure business compliance
- Generate reports for appropriate cross-functional partners (Recruiting, Payroll, Finance, Legal) regarding headcount, attrition, etc.
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor laws or regulations by completing federal, state/provincial, and city reporting requirements
- Collaborate with internal HR teams (i.e., L&D, People Partnering, Recruiting, etc.) to provide recommendations and brainstorm activities intended to promote employee engagement, morale, and culture
- Support programs such as Benefits Renewal, Open Enrollment, new benefit selection, and aiding in the communication and roll-out of new programs or policies
- Support broader People Programs, including performance management and compensation cycles
- Partner with IT to identify, test, and rollout enhancements/solutions in Workday
- Proactively partner with Employment Counsel to ensure legal compliance on specific programs
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 6+ years of HR experience in Canada, working with HRIS, benefits, LOAs, immigration
- Proven knowledge and passion for understanding HR processes and systems
- Super user of Google Suite; advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills preferred (e.g., if/then statements, VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, formulas)
- Strong familiarity with HRIS systems and tools
- Demonstrated ability to act with discretion, and have exceptional integrity and judgment in handling confidential information
- Able to build trust and rapport quickly
- Experience working in high-growth technology companies
- Experience with Workday
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.