Head of Finance
Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
About the position:
The Head of Finance is responsible for defining and coordinating Peru's finance strategy and operations in order to support achievement of the company's financial targets through different revenue streams within different client segments (private, corporate and drivers). The key to this position is to be able to drive the Finance team for business impact ensuring the achievement of financial targets and the delivery of the value proposal to different stakeholders.
In this position you will be responsible for budget planning/modeling/controlling and finance operations (treasury, accounting & taxes), building the finance plan and validation of the business plans focusing on maximizing ROI and unit economics of each revenue stream focusing to maximize the Company Business Plan achievement. All these work streams must be managed to generate efficient and scalable financial results to our different business departments.
This is a strategic critical role for Cabify which reports directly to the Country Manager and works closely with the Global Finance team and local business teams (Sales, Growth, Operations, etc.).
How will you help us achieve our mission?
- Accompany business strategy focused on resource allocation and ROI maximization
- Tropicalize and guarantee execution of Global Finance strategy, procedures and policies, ensuring perfect coordination with HQ Finance teams to guarantee an effective financial reporting to support Finance, Top Management and business teams decision making.
- Ensure proper operation of treasury, accounting, taxes and credit & collections processes.
- Planning, structuring, managing and controlling financial resources.
- Lead Budget Planning and manage finance plans and budget guaranteeing connection between finance and business objectives across different revenue/investment lines.
- Lead and work in strategic finance and business projects, both local and global.
- Structuring, managing and controlling the day-to-day activities of the department and ensure perfect coordination with HQ finance operations disciplines.
- Leading new process creation to improve the ways of work with other teams and HQ.
- Develop analytical frameworks to support decision making cycles related to business financial performance. Report and lead the implementation of potential improvements according to its objectives.
- Conducting earnings, cost and profit analyses for optimal planning and budget allocation.
- Support and work with legal and HQ finance departments to ensure the compliance with financial and legal regulations.
- Building and developing a strong department to support strategic initiatives and routines with Business and HQ Finance departments.
How we would like you to be:
- Accountable, assuming responsibility for actions, decisions and results, acting with integrity, transparency and full commitment to delivering expected results.
- Focused on priority objectives without deviating from mid and long term goals.
- Impactful, aiming always on generating value for the business, the cities, customers and team members.
- Empowered and empowering, questioning status quo, making autonomous decisions and assuming calculated risks and empowering team members to do so according to their seniority and capabilities.
- Curious, relentless and motivated to constantly learn and develop/improve skills.
What we’re looking for:
- 7 to 10 years of experience in senior Finance roles, Accounting, Investment Banking, Private Equity or Strategic Consulting.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in budgeting, financial modeling, treasury, accounting, controlling and reporting. ERP software knowledge is a plus.
- Strong project management skills and great team leadership (you will oversee the local finance department and work closely with other business disciplines to guarantee the perfect execution of the business strategy).
- Data-driven with focus on quantitative data analysis, deep actionable insights, modeling and advanced finance plan and analysis experience.
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field (postgraduate degree is a plus).
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills.
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great work environment with flexible working schemes
- Regular, fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programs, including a Coursera personal license
- Good healthcare insurance
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself