Mid-Market Account Manager
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
We’re looking for an Account Manager to join our Employer Sales Team in the Mid-Market Segment- working with top employers across the nation to drive their early talent recruiting strategy. You will serve as the primary owner of a set book of existing employer partners, working closely with them to ensure they achieve their goals, build relationships with executives, and drive customer retention and expansion from onboarding through renewal.
This high-impact role combines equal parts sales, relationship management and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate has a proven record managing relationships at scale while driving renewals and expansions in a SaaS technology company.
- Effectively renew, upsell and cross-sell an assigned book of business of existing premium employer partners primarily in the Mid-Market Segment
- Learn your book of business inside and out to effectively position Handshake’s value proposition, always linking it back to key business issues of the customer
- Develop and cultivate deep relationships with senior executives at the Director, SVP, and VP levels at our partners
- Develop new and creative ways to engage senior executives throughout the customer lifecycle and demonstrate Handshake’s value
- Partner closely with our Employer Customer Success Team to ensure customers adopt and are successful on Handshake
- Manage and present data and value-driven Quarterly Business Reviews
- Enlist and inspire customers to participate in Handshake events and other marketing materials
- Manage overall customer loyalty, serving as internal advocate and escalation point to customers
- Assist in identifying and developing scalable account management tools and methodologies that can be applied across the Account Management team
- Help scale internal process to support hundreds of premium employers
- Becoming a Handshake expert, learning the ins and outs of HR and higher ed Tech
- 1+ year of customer facing experience
- Prior TA or HR experience - not required but highly preferred
- Exposure working with C-Suite & VP Level Executives at small to medium sized companies
- Ability to understand our customer’s business goals and recommend new approaches, strategies and ways to drive adoption and help them hit their hiring targets
- An understanding of ever-evolving needs of a dynamic, growing start-up organization
- An open-mind to creatively solve our customer’s complex problems
- The ability to thrive in ambiguity and work quickly, but not rush
- Strong presentation development and public speaking skills
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Experience owning and driving projects end to end
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Superior cross-team collaboration skills
Bonus areas of expertise
- $162,000 -$180,000, 60/40 split
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin, Poland, and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Benefits above apply to employees in full-time positions.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.
Something looks off?