Sales Manager, EMEA
We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
Notion is transitioning from ‘start-up’ to ‘scale-up’. The EMEA region currently accounts for a significant portion of our user base and global revenues. We are looking for an exceptional Sales leader to help scale us to the next level. Given the strong subscription and usage based revenue model, building out our sales program is a vital part of our long term growth strategy.
The sales team is responsible for landing new logos into our business products and generating net new ARR for Notion from customers in the EMEA region. The team manages a mixture of lead generation channels across Inbound and Greenfield motions as well as working with our self-service install base to drive upgrades into our Enterprise products.
What You'll Achieve:
- As the Sales Manager, you will work directly with the EMEA New Business Sales Leader in creating a strategy to develop net new revenue in the Mid-Market segment for Notions business products in the EMEA region.
- Partnering with regional leaders across Sales Strategy, Marketing and Sales Development teams to plan territory mapping and pipeline development programs.
- Buddy with the Account Management and Customer Success teams to onboard new customers and honing our customer journey to set new customers up for longer term success with Notion.
- You will recruit, develop and lead a team of new business Account Executives, overseeing day-to-day activity while setting clear expectations and managing performance goals.
- You understand the importance of communication and collaboration in defining a customer-first mentality, and you will work closely with our Product, Marketing and Commercial leadership teams to drive insight in to Ideal Customer Profile.
- Help build the foundations of Sales at Notion: As an early member of our sales org, you'll be instrumental in helping define our sales assisted motions.
- Join a fantastic team at a magical time: We've hit profitability and over eleven million users, which gives us a huge green field to work with. This is the perfect time to join and help shape our future expansion.
- Meaningfully shape our future product: As you engage with customers, you'll gain insights to help us serve them better — and work with product to inform what we do next.
- Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We've achieved more than teams 10x our size in less time — and there's so much more to do and learn.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- You are inspired by our mission of making software tooling ubiquitous
- You have 5+ years experience as a direct sales leader/manager
- Strong track record of achieving sales targets across teams and individually
- Skilled in managing and coaching through the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing
- Proven experience working on several markets in EMEA
- You have strong recognized leadership skills with a focus on empowerment, positive-mindsets, collaboration and ability to inspire a team of direct reports
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of iteration of an early-stage startup
- You have a growth mindset and thrive in the building stage of a nascent team
- You have a high EQ and exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- You have an analytical mindset and enjoy problem solving as part of a regional leadership team
- You have strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- You have a good understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
Nice to Haves:
- You've built new business sales playbooks or processes
- You've been a first or early hire at a fast growing start up before
- Experience using Salesforce for accurate forecasting
- Experienced in hiring and training talent at scale
- Ability to function in a “Player/Coach” capacity as we scale across EMEA
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.