Director of Quality
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual looking to have an immediate impact on the systems, processes, and technology of markets that are often called the engine of the US economy. You are a senior-level professional, and are excited to join an experienced team of leaders that value excellence, independent thinking, teamwork and curiosity to create value for our customers. You are eager to play an essential role in product testing for Polly. Does this sound like you?
If so, apply today & let’s start the conversation!
What You’ll Do:
- Adept at creating and communicating a clear vision for scaling, rallying the team around common goals and objectives, and implementing effective solutions to achieve those goals.
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional teams through the entire project lifecycle, from ideation to launch, while fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement. (e.g.,cross-browser, API and UI testing)
- Roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty to become an expert in our product so you can help your team with the daily challenges of testing the Polly application.
- Possess a high level of proficiency in release processes and branching methodologies, with a focus on leveraging GitHub's powerful version control tools to ensure smooth and efficient code management.
- Apply your deep understanding of test automation and software engineering best practices to impact design and implementation approaches
- Support quality releases that are grounded in driving customer value in a fast-paced industry
- Design and develop QA processes in an Agile environment
- Drive requirement gathering by leading feature overview walkthroughs with stakeholders, effectively gathering and documenting their feedback, concerns, and requirements to ensure that all necessary information is captured and incorporated into the product roadmap and development plan.
- As a leader with broad operational and functional responsibilities who participates with other senior leaders or executives to establish and ensure the achievement of strategic plans and objectives
What You Have:
- Served as a true evangelist for quality, championing both the customer and business perspectives by driving a culture of quality throughout the organization. Actively promoted the value of delivering high-quality products and services, while also advocating for the implementation of quality-focused processes and best practices to ensure customer satisfaction, brand loyalty, and business success.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with a high-growth SaaS fintech startup
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and promoting an automation-first philosophy, leveraging industry-standard tools and frameworks to automate testing, deployment, and other repetitive tasks, resulting in increased efficiency and faster time-to-market.
- Highly motivated, resilient and a tenacious passion for winning
- Successfully managed and provided mentorship to a team of Quality Assurance engineers and Software Development Engineers in Test in a fast-paced environment, ensuring high-quality deliverables and timely releases.
- At least 7 years of experience in QA
- 3+ years of hands on experience with Cypress or Selenium testing frameworks
Extras You Bring To The Table:
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or related discipline
- Familiarity with Cucumber highly preferred
- Familiarity with programming languages
- Mortgage capital markets experience highly preferred
Why Join Polly?
- We are attacking a trillion-dollar market with gross inefficiencies and seeking to transform the way an entire industry operates
- We have an experienced leadership team that previously built large and impactful platforms
- Outstanding opportunity for professional growth and upward mobility
- Direct engagement with the decision makers and senior business leaders
- Competitive salaries
- 100% paid medical/vision/dental/disability/life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Remote environment
Let’s get to know each other.
Polly is transforming the mortgage industry with its modern, data-driven capital markets ecosystem. Banks, credit unions, and mortgage lenders nationwide trust Polly’s revolutionary Product and Pricing Engine (PPE), Loan Trading Exchange, and actionable data and analytics to automate and optimize the entire capital markets value chain, helping their secondary teams operate faster, smarter, and more profitably. Polly was founded in 2019 by a seasoned team of technology and mortgage experts and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
To learn more, follow Polly on LinkedIn or visit www.polly.io. Polly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, disability status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.