Financial Services Compliance Director - Mexico
This role will serve as a regulatory compliance director responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, and programs to prevent regulatory breaches and to develope a compliance framework that allows mainting risk levels within the company's risk apetite. Namely, this position will serve as the lead for DiDi financial serivces framework and its impementation across all relevant teams, as well as responsible for establishing internal strategies to deliver a comprehensive compliance risk assessment framework. The role is a key senior function within DiDi Financial Services and the Legal Department in Mexico
The postion will be responsible for the execution of the following activities:
Compliance risk assessment and management for DiDi financial services
Responsible for the implementation of the regulatory compliance programs for all financial services units.
Provide strategic direction in developing and maintaining regulatory compliance strategy, working closely with the Legal Department
Lead the implementation of enhancements to the compliance programs on a regular basis.
Working as a key partner with Product/Technology and Risk Control teams, as well as the business.
Maintaining senior management relationships with key stakeholders and informing senior management of significant updates to program requirements.
- Managing a team of compliance professionals, including AML and regulatory compliance.
Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex regulatory and operational issues, structuring potential solutions and overseeing effective measure adoption with other stakeholders.
Overseeing the identification of key compliance risks, as well as ensuring that said risks are duly measured, monitored, and controlled.
Developing and establishing wide compliance risk management policies and procedures to mitigate risks.
Serving as liaison with regulators and auditors on critical inquiries, inspections and audits, as well as overseeing the implementation of related observations.
1) 8 or more years of relevant work experience in Mexico in compliance related work focusing on the financial services industry.
2) Bachelor's Degree (preferred Finance, Law or Economy)
3) Strong communication and organizational skills to work with multi-level and cross-functional projects - able to define priorities; Ability to multi-task and able to work under pressure
4) Excellent and professional written, presentation and communication skills
5) Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
6) Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior leaders
7) Significant knowledge and expertise of compliance regulations, including Banking & Finance, and Anti-Money Laundering
8) Experience in the design and implementation of compliance programs
9) Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
10) Ability to challenge business management and escalate issues when appropriate
11) Comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility; navigating unceirtainty.
12) English business proficient level is required