Brand Marketing Lead
Marketing is an important part of our business and a critical source of future growth. We are on a journey to build a Super brand powered by a team that will be renowned for its culture of collaboration, learning, empowerment, effectiveness & creative genius. We intend to be the most valuable brand in our category by 2025 and a brand of first choice for the most exceptional and ambitious marketers in the world.
We're looking for a Marketing Leader to transform our brand and marketing capability in the Australia & New Zealand Region. This position will report directly to the ANZ General Manager, lead the re-launch of the brand and marketing in ANZ and have the access to global marketing experience across our different regions.
- Brand Marketing and Advertising.
- Australia & New Zealand. All marketing within the above scope within Australia and New Zealand. New Zealand is at an early stage of development and all marketing will initially be managed from Australia.
OUT OF SCOPE
- Performance marketing is not currently within the scope of this role, but this role will be required to work closely with the China based performance marketing team.
- Recruitment & Talent development. Our greatest competitive advantage will be our people. The investments we make in recruitment, training, development and professional growth will be what makes our marketing truly exceptional. This role will also be responsible for the recruitment and development of a new integrated marketing organization.
- Marketing planning. Get the insights, set the marketing OKR’s, define strategy in co-operation with the local General Manager, create a plan of tactical executions, and execute.
- Supplier management. Establish and lead the portfolio of critical marketing suppliers. This will include selection/procurement, negotiation, objective setting, evaluation & ongoing management. Vendors will be selected from within a pre-approved roster.
- Paid brand media planning & execution. Together with International Business Marketing (IBM) Hub specialists develop the brand’s media strategy, audience definition, integrated media plans for both offline and online channels utilizing the regions shared services.
- Creative asset development & optimization. Together with IBM hub specialists, DiDi Studios & local agencies develop creative assets required to support all external marketing communications activities.
- Measurement & Performance optimization. Using existing capabilities ensure measurement is put in place for all campaigns, partnerships, sponsorships, social media, events and other marketing efforts. Use this reporting to optimize and adapt in real time.
- Team Leadership. Lead and develop a team of local marketing specialists providing coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Marketing Operations & Brand Protection. Ensure all marketing operations policies and procedures are followed and that budgets are managed within agreed limits and plans.
- Stakeholder Management. Manage and work with different stakeholders in order to set campaigns, budgets, and projects along the region.
Success will be measured in terms of achievement of OKR’s linked to the following Key Performance Indicators
- Brand Awareness, Consideration, Trial & Favourability
- Brand Equity Image associations
- Customer/Driver Acquisition targets
- Retention, Referral Rate, NPS, ARPU & Lifetime Value
- Employee NPS
- 6-10 years’ experience as a marketing profession with experience in brand marketing.
- Proven experience building and managing brand marketing campaigns with a mix of digital, offline and BTL experience.
- Strong ability to develop strategy and to influence other areas of the organization.
- Successful management of the 3rd party relationships to create integrated teams, as well as the integrity of the 3rd party supplier.
- An ability to effectively provide input on creative development from a local market perspective and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic and constantly evolving context without compromising on the speed and quality of execution.
- Ability to make data-driven suggestions and constantly iterate on what will best and achieve maximum impact.
- Experience working for a global brand and/or for ride hailing and highly dynamic companies is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to utilize data to drive decision making.
Desired character traits:
- Possess the ambition to develop a fulfilling career at DiDi with a drive to be one of the world’s most effective marketers.
- Integrity, honesty, and uphold DiDi values
- Be a self-starter, take initiative, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have a focus on others and be motivated by helping others and the company to grow.
- Work under pressure, good understanding of people and personalities and online behaviours.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Team player and an all-round people person.
- Display accountable behaviours and values - things happen because of you.