Regulatory Compliance Manager
As a Regulatory Compliance Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the organization's adherence to regulatory requirements.This role will report to the Head of Financial Services Compliance in Mexico.
Your responsibilities include:
- Supporting the risk assessment, management, as well as the implementation of the compliance programme for DiDi financial services
- Conduct in-depth research on regulatory frameworks, mainly related to the operations of financial institutions in Mexico.
- Lead project management efforts for the implementation of new regulations, with a focus on financial services and CUB-related processes.
- Keep teams informed about regulatory changes, filing guidelines, and compliance requirements.
- Provide guidance to teams based on regulatory insights for establishing new processes or controls.
- Handle official communications with authorities (oficios) and prepare comprehensive reports, namely regarding critical inquiries, inspections and audits .
- Liaise with cross-functional teams to enhance systems and processes related to compliance.
- Support the Head of Financial Services Compliance in day-to-day responsibilities and risk assessments.
- Coordinate drafting and rollout of local compliance documents.
- Identifying, coordinating, and conducting local and global compliance training, as well as rising awareness activities.
- Respond to compliance queries from the business, and escalate as necessary.
- Assist in preparing for monitoring and audit reviews and ensure timely implementation of corrective actions.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Provide advice on Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), to other teams aiming to establish new processes or controls, as well as supporting supervision activities regarding existing operations.
- Provide advice on sanctions and other screening processes.
- Based on technical knowledge related to AML, support strategic operations business decision
- Assist with AML related projects, in addition to day-to-day responsibilities
To thrive in this role, you should possess:
- +5 years of experience: Significant experience in regulatory compliance, AML, or regulatory areas in banks, SOFIPO’s, and/or Fintech institutions.
- Project Management Skills: Proven expertise in filing and obtaining financial licenses, demonstrating strong project management capabilities.
- Regulatory Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of CNBV processes, AML & regulatory requirements for Financial Institutions.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to identify, define, and address complex problems, including business, regulatory, finance, and product-related challenges.
- Curiosity and Adaptability: An ambitious sense of curiosity with a willingness to explore new markets or product types.
- Team Collaboration: Ability to lead through influence among multidisciplinary teams, by means of fostering collaboration among different functional areas.
- Independence: Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish.