Senior Support Engineer (UK)
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Attentive® is the AI marketing platform for leading brands, designed to optimize message performance through 1:1 SMS and email interactions. Infusing intelligence at every stage of the consumer's purchasing journey, Attentive empowers businesses to achieve hyper-personalized communication with their customers on a large scale. Leveraging AI-powered tools, a mobile-first approach, two-way conversations, and enterprise-grade technology, Attentive drives billions in online revenue for brands around the globe. Trusted by over 8,000 leading brands such as CB2, GUESS, Urban Outfitters, and Pura Vida, Attentive is the go-to solution for delivering powerful commerce experiences for consumers with the brands they love.
Attentive’s growth has been recognized by Deloitte’s Fast 500, Linkedin’s Top Startups and Forbes Cloud 100 all thanks to the hard work from our global employees!
Who we are
We’re looking for naturally curious, creative problem-solvers that will use their technical acumen to ensure our customers’ long-term success on the Attentive platform. As our first Senior Support Engineer in our London office, you will work with our Client Strategy team to support customers’ technical requirements to fit–and sometimes extend–the capabilities of Attentive’s rapidly growing product offerings. You may find yourself troubleshooting our integrations and APIs for one client while scoping a brand new solution to a novel use case for another. In short, a Senior Support Engineer will be an expert on how Attentive works under the hood–they can communicate their knowledge to a marketer, an engineer, or their own coworkers to drive our customers’ engagement and confidence in the platform.
Why Attentive needs you
- Serve as a support resource for Client Strategy to assist in the resolution of technical requests, involving: scoping net new or enhancing existing 3rd party integrations, helping clients use the full suite of our APIs and webhooks, improving client data quality, and identifying and actioning issues that arise from all of the above
- Communicate with clients through a Client Strategist or directly through calls and email to best triage customer inquiries and your role in addressing them
- Empower our UK Client Strategists to recognize scalable best practices in supporting our most tech-savvy clients
- Occasionally serve as a dedicated resource to clients on longer-term projects
- Translate customer feedback to engineering action, leveraging proper escalation routes to manage internal and external stakeholders’ expectations
- Work cross functionally to triage and mitigate issues
- Identify bugs and effectively escalate to the appropriate internal parties
- Assist with team operations and projects alongside other Senior Support Engineers
- Based in the UK (London preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in a client-facing, technical role
- Experience leveraging error logging solutions like Bugsnag or Datadog to investigate issues
- Experience creating and troubleshooting REST API requests (GraphQL a plus)
- Experience writing SQL queries on large datasets
- Experience in MarTech/AdTech not required but preferred
- Strong communication skills; ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people and vice versa
- A critical thinker with the ability to logically and methodically investigate and problem-solve
- Exceptional organization, prioritization, and time-management skills in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams of different internal stakeholders
Attentive Company Values
Default to Action - Move swiftly and with purpose
Be One Unstoppable Team - Rally as each other’s champions
Champion the Customer - Our success is defined by our customers' success
Act Like an Owner - Take responsibility for Attentive’s success
Learn more about AWAKE, Attentive’s collective of employee resource groups.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
At Attentive, we know that our Company's strength lies in the diversity of our employees. Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees, applicants and covered individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.