Software Engineer, Data
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Attentive® is the AI marketing platform for leading brands, designed to optimize message performance through 1:1 SMS and email interactions. Infusing intelligence at every stage of the consumer's purchasing journey, Attentive empowers businesses to achieve hyper-personalized communication with their customers on a large scale. Leveraging AI-powered tools, a mobile-first approach, two-way conversations, and enterprise-grade technology, Attentive drives billions in online revenue for brands around the globe. Trusted by over 8,000 leading brands such as CB2, GUESS, Urban Outfitters, and Pura Vida, Attentive is the go-to solution for delivering powerful commerce experiences for consumers with the brands they love.
Attentive’s growth has been recognized by Deloitte’s Fast 500, Linkedin’s Top Startups and Forbes Cloud 100 all thanks to the hard work from our global employees!
We are seeking a self-driven Software Engineer II to join our Business Intelligence Engineering team. On the BI Engineering team, you’ll help build and shape the backbone for analytics needs across the organization. You’ll work with Analysts, Data & ML Engineers, as well as other internal teams to define and shape self-service analytics and a data-driven organization. You’ll also support the relationship between the BI/Analytics teams and Engineering as we build out a world-class data warehouse for our business and clients.
If you are a self-starter, excited about building a data-driven culture, and motivated by making an impact, then you may be a good fit for this role.
You at Attentive:
• You will work with teams across the company to define BI and analytics requirements
• You will work alongside data engineers to develop data models to feed dashboards for teams across the org, as well as client-facing analytics
• You will work with data engineers and analysts to model data and build scalable data pipelines for BI
• You are a self starter with a high desire to learn
• You have experience with SQL
• You have experience with Python
• You have experience with ETL/ELT development
• You are a team player with collaboration and communication skills
• 2+ years of data/software engineering experience
Nice to have:
• You have proficiency or experience with Airflow
• You have proficiency or experience with AWS
• You have proficiency or experience with DBT
• You have proficiency or experience with Snowflake
• You have familiarity with a BI visualization tool like Looker or Tableau
• We have access to Python, Snowflake, SQL, DBT for analysis
• Our data visualization tool is Looker
• Our product backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with Spark, Kinesis, Airflow, Snowflake, and Postgres, all hosted on AWS
• Our team supports stakeholders from Client Strategy, Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Designers and the Leadership Team
• We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation and data-driven decision-making
You’ll get competitive perks and benefits from health & wellness to equity, to help you bring your best self to work.
For US based applicants:
- The standard base salary range for this position is $125,000 - $185,000 annually + equity + benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location
Attentive Company Values
Default to Action - Move swiftly and with purpose
Be One Unstoppable Team - Rally as each other’s champions
Champion the Customer - Our success is defined by our customers' success
Act Like an Owner - Take responsibility for Attentive’s success
Learn more about AWAKE, Attentive’s collective of employee resource groups.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
At Attentive, we know that our Company's strength lies in the diversity of our employees. Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees, applicants and covered individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.