Director of Retail Marketing
About Blank Street
At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston, DC, and London, we’re the first-ever brand to offer affordable high-quality coffee.
Blank Street originated in an effort to change the specialty coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands, and have some of the best baristas out there on our team. Love coffee and customer service? Keep reading.
As Blank Street's US Director of Retail Marketing, your role will live at the forefront of delivering positive brand awareness to our current and future customers. You are a cultural ambassador, a community advocate and a service leader. You will be directly responsible for building out the community that surrounds each of our unique locations and ensuring that we're always bringing something positive and special to the neighborhood. You will own the playbook for IRL campaigns & collateral, targeted promotions, partnerships & events, customer engagement, and more. Reporting to our VP Operations, you’ll roll up your sleeves, ideate, and execute ways to attract, grow, and appeal to our unique communities. Ultimately, the Director of Retail Marketing will own how US customers engage with Blank Street!
We are a forward-thinking, mighty team sharing a real passion for coffee, tech, our neighborhoods, and the planet — and the magic that happens when you bring them all together.
- Magic is found in the details: The experience of Blank Street is the aggregation of 1000s of small things that roll up to the whole. A harmonious aggregation of all those details is what creates magic.
- Move as one: Blank Street is a complex company to operate — as a retailer, we are made up of a myriad of departments that need to work harmoniously. To be successful, we must ensure that we work together as one unified team. We go for goals together, we coordinate on challenges together, leaders step in for each other. We cannot be a collection of individuals operating our own function.
- My home is your home: We are in the business of delivering incredible hospitality experiences to our customers. “My home is your home” is exactly how we want our customers to feel after every interaction – we are always open and inviting. We demonstrate this belief most meaningfully in the way we treat every encounter and by the example we set for one another.
- Envision, plan, execute and analyze all IRL initiatives and activations to build the Blank Street community through marketing campaigns and pop-ups in our spaces
- Architect and execute the in store components and toolkits of new product launches within our stores, from effective menu design and placement to product tastings and engagement with key cross-functional and partner stakeholders
- Build and lead strategy to connect and integrate with our unique and diverse neighborhoods across all cities. Lead by example to offer best in class customer experience, ensuring the customer journey is consistently brought alive
- Execute an effective and unique store launch strategy for all US cities, driving activations across channels to maximize engagement and customer acquisition, from pre heating to day 1 and month 1 in operation
- Support and guide on the customer experience, ensuring the in store customer journey is consistently brought alive through exciting and welcoming spaces
- Own and execute our Visual Merchandising standards and playbooks hand in glove with our Global Head of Design to ensure our spaces are holding continuity of brand presentation across multiple touch points
- Confidently identify KPI’s ahead of launches and report on the performance of campaigns, initiatives or partnerships and present all findings to key stakeholders in the business outlining learnings, ROI and future strategy recommendations
- Lead a team of energetic Retail Marketing associates across the US business, giving clear direction and coaching to promote engagement and retention
- Be a proactive, strategic partner to the Operations team by designing, developing and executing on creative ways to drive pure top-line sales in our stores. Know how to create scalable Retail Marketing efforts to increase brand awareness and drive cover count
- Give competitive insights around what is happening within the Retail Marketing landscape in the US and cultivate a deep understanding of trends influencing retail to drive programming innovation and ensure effective engagement and best in class initiatives targeting key consumer segments in the market
- Ensure all in-store and digital assets are updated regularly and represent the current brand image and operations
- You have 5+ years of marketing experience, specifically offline, field & IRL channels
- You have successfully developed multi-platform marketing collateral and campaigns
- You are willing to travel across different markets (New York City, Boston, and Washington D.C.)
- You're a natural executor, able to think quickly on your feet and adapt your workflows with nuance and ease
- You know how to craft strong narratives for a brand to enhance their storytelling
- You're based in New York. You have extensive knowledge of the local area
- You're a self-starter. You've worked at a fast-paced brand or startup. You understand how to engage within different communities and neighborhoods. Some early morning, evening and weekend hours will be required in this position
- You've got your finger on the pulse. You stay on top of trends and cultural moments, and are quick to adapt strategy to meet the moment
- You are able to remain organized, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines
- You're a team player. You are implicitly collaborative and energized by teamwork
- You're passionate about Blank Street and coffee. Loving what you do makes the job even sweeter
- Salary: $120,000—$160,000 USD
- Blank Street, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York City at the time of posting. Our salary ranges are rooted in the desire to pay competitively relative to our organization size and industry, reflecting just one part of the total compensation package. Additional components include equity offering, healthcare benefits, paid time off and various work perks (commuter benefits, free coffee). Details will be discussed during the interview process. Blank Street may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future.
- Equity package
- Private health insurance
- Paid time off
- A whole lot of Blank Street swag & coffee
- Salary: $120,000—$160,000 USD
Something looks off?