At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across London, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston, and DC, we’re the first-ever brand to offer affordable high-quality coffee.
Blank Street originated in an effort to change the specialty coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands, and have some of the best baristas and HQ members out there on our team. Love coffee? Keep reading.
As our Data/BI Analyst, you become our go-to person for curating data and answering key business questions through dashboards and reporting. Further, you will help to analyze large, complex datasets and derive impactful solutions to core business problems. The role requires collaboration with teams and functions across the company ranging from strategy, product to operations and real estate.
- Magic is in the Details: In everything we do we value attention to detail, going the extra mile & thinking about everything that makes a moment meaningful
- Move as One: We look for inclusive and respectful team members who strive to be the best team player & who over-communicates to ensure understanding
- “My House is your House” Hospitality: We look for individuals who welcome guests into the cafe the same way they would invite in a friend, who are obsessed with presentation, making sure our cafes are always clean and welcoming & who provide stellar service, even when things are busy or stressful.
- Assist with data modeling and algorithm development efforts across various functions at the company generating actionable insights and operational efficiencies
- Lead the development of self-service reporting and analysis by creating and owning business reports and insight products
- Provide data-driven recommendations to help inform the company’s most relevant strategic projects
- Assist in the most impactful data projects for the company, and develop efficient and scalable data models
- Collaborate with the data engineering team to ensure data quality and improve data access
- Perform deep dives into existing datasets and systems to uncover and resolve underlying issues.
- Interpret large amounts of complex data to tackle business issues and summarize into actionable solutions
- Bachelors in empirical or quantitative field
- 2+ years doing quantitative analysis and building dashboards
- High-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Passion for solving sophisticated, unstructured real-world problems with little to no guidance
- Mastery of relational databases & SQL & visualization tools
- Knowledge of Python and/or R is a plus
- Basic business acumen
- You can learn extremely fast and thrive under pressure
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Extreme attention to detail
- Able to judge and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Salary: $120k/yr
- Blank Street, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York City at the time of posting. Our salary ranges are rooted in the desire to pay competitively relative to our organization size and industry, reflecting just one part of the total compensation package. Additional components include equity offering, healthcare benefits, paid time off and various work perks (commuter benefits, free coffee). Details will be discussed during the interview process. Blank Street may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future.
- Equity package
- Private health insurance
- Paid time off
- A whole lot of Blank Street swag & coffee