Area Manager | Cardiff
About Blank Street
At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston, DC, London and now Cardiff! We’re the first-ever brand to offer affordable high-quality coffee.
Blank Street originated in an effort to change the specialty coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands, and have some of the best baristas out there on our team. Love coffee and customer service? Keep reading.
Baristas and the whole Field Team at Blank Street must be able to work independently, while also thriving in a team environment. The right person for this role is a proven people-person, taking pride in fostering continuous improvement and performance excellence. You are customer centric and passionate about making every effort to give your customers exactly what they need, every day, in their way.
- Magic is in the Details: in everything we do we value attention to detail, going the extra mile & thinking about everything that makes a moment meaningful
- Move as One: We look for inclusive and respectful team members who strive to be the best team player & who over-communicates to ensure understanding
- “My House is your House” Hospitality: We look for individuals who welcome guests into the cafe the same way they would invite in a friend, who are obsessed with presentation, making sure our cafes are always clean and welcoming & who provide stellar service, even when things are busy or stressful
What you'll own
- Talent Acquisition and Team Growth: Scout and recruit superstar talent. Drive the development and growth of your teams, nurturing their potential.
- Labour Efficiency: Maximise labour efficiency by assuring accurate completion of schedules and timesheets
- Financial Supervision: Own the underlying P&L of each individual store under your management. Constantly diagnose areas of improvement and come up with creative solutions to drive better performance.
- Constant Improvement: Actively benchmark against high-performing stores, seeking opportunities for improvement within your group.
- Safety First: Uphold health standards by diligently adhering to established auditing guidelines and compliance protocols
- Retail Merchandising & Marketing: Follow merchandising guidelines to drive sales in your stores
- Financial Leadership: Promote store’s financial performance by finding creative ways to grow and meet sales targets
- Community Engagement: Develop meaningful ties with neighbourhood businesses and people to help. Assist the management team in creating and implementing strategies to grow our loyal customer base.
- Operational Excellence: Own management and ordering to minimise product wastage, and adjust par levels according to business peaks and lows
- Mentorship: Guide and mentor your store teams to enhance store performance and growth in the area
Who are you
- 3-4 years of experience leading operations in high growth hospitality/consumer brands
- Experience in multi-unit or multi-department management
- Proven track record scaling and managing hospitality teams
- Proven track record managing inventory and supply chain ordering
- Highly effective in interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive problem-solver and critical-thinker
- Action and results-oriented
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to perform under pressure and time constraints
- Enthusiastic team player ready to elevate collaboration
- Deep knowledge and interest in specialty coffee
- Salary Up to ~£45k
- Company equity
- A whole lot of Blank Street swag & coffee
Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £38,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Manchester: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- What will you bring to Blank street as a GM?
- United Kingdom