Shift Leader | Manchester
Title: Shift Lead (Full time)
Level of experience: 1 year’s experience in a customer service supervisor position
Hours: 35-hour contract
Location: We currently have 23 shops open in various locations in London and now coming to Manchester!
About Blank Street
At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across London, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston and DC, we’re the first-ever brand to offer affordable high-quality coffee.
Blank Street originated in an effort to change the specialty coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands, and have some of the best baristas out there on our team.
Love coffee and customer service? Keep reading.
Baristas at Blank Street must be able to work independently, while also thriving in a team environment. The right person for this role is a proven people-person, taking pride in giving amazing service experiences. You are customer-centric and believe in serving a carefully curated menu with passion and precision, making every effort to give your customers exactly what they need, every day, in their way.
- Magic is in the Details: in everything we do we value attention to detail, going the extra mile & thinking about everything that makes a moment meaningful
- Move as One: We look for inclusive and respectful team members who strive to be the best team player & who over-communicates to ensure understanding
- “My House is your House” Hospitality: We look for individuals who welcome guests into the cafe the same way they would invite in a friend, who are obsessed with presentation, making sure our cafes are always clean and welcoming & who provide stellar service, even when things are busy or stressful
As a Shift Leader at Blank Street you are a born player-coach who thrives when working alongside a team to deliver quality products. You are a proven people-person who takes pride in giving amazing service experiences and influencing your team to do the same. You thrive for opportunities to serve your community and make a big local impact. You are customer centric and believe in quality products through flawless execution, making every effort to give your customers exactly what they need, every day, in their way. You excel in fast paced environments and enjoy an inclusive, collaborative workplace, where your voice genuinely counts, and you can really make a difference.
You will spearhead individual, team and location initiatives to drive sales and business performance. Along with supporting your General Manager to lead these important company initiatives, you will regularly meet with the Senior Leadership team to voice feedback, improvements and overall be hands on in the success of your store, your customers and your teams’ best interests. You would be one of the first staff members to work in this location, which means you get the exciting opportunity to set the tone and create lasting connections in the neighbourhood.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Craft beautiful coffee products and serve all Blank Street customers with energy, warmth, and empathy
- Support your GM and our Training Team to help train new employees to succeed at Blank Street, including ensuring that new team members are following all recipe and training for menu items and processes and that they are in correct uniform, are upbeat and vibes are positive
- Open and close the location safely and responsibly (Key holder) and ensure that cleaning duties for the store are followed at the beginning, during and end of the shift
- Positive and solution focused handling of any minor customer issue
- At a store level, leads all initiatives with the operations and marketing teams to increase foot traffic, new customers, daily sales, and operational profitability and develop a loyal neighborhood customer base for your store
Who You Are
- Love for cafe culture and people
- Friendly, open and approachable person who is able to work well with others
- Strong knowledge of coffee and equipment is a must
- Strong decision making and multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer connections to create a regular customer base
- Able to work at a fast pace in high volume environments
- Be an exemplary ambassador of our brand to new neighbourhoods
- Competitive Salary
- Industry-leading pay, bi-weekly payments, pension scheme
- Barista training program and exciting growth opportunities
- Unlimited drinks and free food - when on shift
- 50% off all drinks and food - when you are off your shift
- Great work-life balance
- Referral incentive scheme - £250 when you refer a friend