Supply Chain Associate | UK
About Blank Street
At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across London, Manchester, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston and DC, we’re the first-ever brand to offer affordable high-quality coffee.
Blank Street originated in an effort to change the specialty coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands and have some of the best baristas out there on our team.
Love coffee and customer service? Keep reading.
At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across London, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston, and DC, we’re the first-ever brand to offer affordable high-quality coffee. Blank Street originated in an effort to change the speciality coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands and have some of the best baristas and HQ members out there on our team. Love coffee? Keep reading.
- Magic is in the Details: in everything we do we value attention to detail, going the extra mile & thinking about everything that makes a moment meaningful
- Move as One: We look for inclusive and respectful team members who strive to be the best team player & who over-communicates to ensure understanding
- “My House is your House” Hospitality: We look for individuals who welcome guests into the cafe the same way they would invite in a friend, who are obsessed with presentation, making sure our cafes are always clean and welcoming & who provide stellar service, even when things are busy or stressful
As Blank Street’s Supply Chain Associate, you will be at the forefront of growing a dynamic, efficient, and responsive value chain.
We supply our shops with the most complex elements to the basic ones. Every part holds significance, as it contributes to the seamless functioning of our five-star operations and customer-focused approach.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Associate who wants to pursue a supply chain/ operations career and has a strong interest in developing a set of skills related to inventory management, procurement, and logistics. As a Supply Chain Associate, you will be responsible for optimising the end-to-end supply chain processes, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and identifying opportunities for cost savings and efficiency improvements.
The business operates at a fast pace and it is vital that we remain proactive to keep up with the market. We believe in being data-driven and are passionate about using technology to drive innovation. Blank Street is a forward-thinking, mighty team sharing a real passion for coffee, tech, our neighbourhoods, and the planet — and the magic that happens when you bring them all together.
- Execute and maintain our ordering/inventory system to ensure its accuracy and efficiency. Manage inventory stock counts on a weekly and monthly basis, calculating KPIs and identifying potential issues.
- Conduct analyses to calculate metrics, forecasts, usage data, and other relevant calculations essential for daily and periodic assessments within the department.
- Handle new vendors and current vendors’ communication, software onboarding, shop updates, and any related procedures.
- Support ERP global implementation.
- Maintain a strong understanding of operational requirements for shops to run as efficiently as possible
- Assist in cross-functional projects by aiding in project management, collecting feedback, creating presentations, giving supply chain insights and bringing great ideas to the table.
- Contribute to new product and innovation projects by conducting benchmarking, market research, and keeping up with current trends in London and the global coffee market.
- Assist in managing vendor relationships to ensure effective communication, identifying risks and limitations, monitoring performance, and understanding their potential. Keep an eye on new suppliers that can bring value to our business.
Who You Are
- You have an undergraduate or bachelor’s degree.
- You have at least 1 year of experience in supply chain, finance or operations. You are familiar with industry best practices and emerging trends in supply chain management.
- You are a doer. You are a natural self-starter, able to think quickly on your feet and adapt your workflows with nuance and ease.
- You like numbers and consider yourself Excel proficient.
- You are based in London. You are a resident with solid knowledge of the local area.
- You are a team player. You are implicitly collaborative and happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. As a startup, no two days are the same and adaptability is key.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Paid time off
- Private Healthcare
- WeWork Access
- A whole lot of Blank Street swag and coffee