Brand Design Lead | London
About Blank Street
At Blank Street, we believe great coffee should be an everyday ritual. With shops across Brooklyn, Manhattan, Boston, DC, and London, we’re the first-ever brand to offer affordable high-quality coffee. Blank Street originated in an effort to change the specialty coffee status quo. Starting with small-format shops and continuing with a limited menu and top-of-the-line tech, we’ve always been focused on simplifying the coffee experience. We partner with amazing local vendors and brands, and have some of the best baristas out there on our team. Love coffee and customer service? Keep reading.
As a Brand Design Lead, you will collaborate with design, brand and creative, and cross-functional teams to create an engaging, cohesive, and welcoming in-store environment. Reporting into our Global Creative Director, this individual will be responsible for managing various aspects of retail design, including wayfinding solutions, in-store artwork, store retrofits, digital experience integration, and the creative approach to new store openings.
- Magic is in the Details: in everything we do we value attention to detail, going the extra mile & thinking about everything that makes a moment meaningful
- Move as One: We look for inclusive and respectful team members who strive to be the best team player & who over-communicates to ensure understanding
- “My House is your House” Hospitality: We look for individuals who welcome guests into the cafe the same way they would invite in a friend, who are obsessed with presentation, making sure our cafes are always clean and welcoming & who provide stellar service, even when things are busy or stressful
- Independently establish, develop, and lead the creative direction for multi-platform, multi-channel brand campaigns and initiatives that meet the global business objectives of the organization and that advance the global brand and marketing strategy
- Mentor, direct, and contribute to the growth of Junior Designer
- Execute all aspects of creative vision, ensure creative direction is retained throughout production process
- Participate in regular design critiques with retail, brand, and product design teams, constantly pushing for better work across teams
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance our creative across channels and teams, pitching new projects and independently executing against them
- Document and scale design and creative guidelines, contributing actively to the expansion of our Brand Book
- Work with and oversee our freelancers and internal resources to manage our portfolio of projects
- Research and pitch new channels, ideas, and design trends, staying on top of competitive landscape
- Work closely with Global Creative Director to source new freelance and vendor talent
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Marketing and Executive leaders to design and implement effective cross-functional process, including templates, approvals and gates, to bring new products and campaigns to market
- Identify opportunities to implement new processes to ensure Marketing & Creative teams work effectively together
- Contribute to long-term strategic planning with regard to marketing & creative roadmap development
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Environmental, or Industrial Design
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive, technically sophisticated design experience in creative, experiential or brand design and a demonstrated ability to apply these skills in ways that elevate brand excellence
- Proven exceptional ability to apply and perform design skills, including concepting, drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, texture, and layouts. Demonstrated ability to apply these skills in innovative ways that elevate Brand excellence.
- Proven experience working with print and production vendors on collateral, signage, and more.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to current trends in color, design, art, photography and experience design and their application to the athletic industry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations to senior executives
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines and geographies
- Must be based in London and able to work partially in person
- Paid time off
- Private Healthcare
- Company social outings and events
- WeWork Access
- A whole lot of Blank Street swag and coffee
- £65,000-£85,000 annual salary