Account Executive (Indy a plus; remote considered!)
Job Role: Account Executive
Reports To: Sales Leader
FLSA Status: Exempt
Boardable empowers nonprofits with the technology and thought leadership they need to drive positive change in the world. We believe that by providing a complete nonprofit operating system, we can support the incredible work of nonprofits and help them to achieve their missions and goals. Our unwavering commitment to excellence, innovation, and exceptional customer experiences sets us apart and enables us to make a meaningful impact in the world.
About the Role
As an Account Executive, you are responsible for selling to prospective customers, developing a relationship as a trusted advisor to understand their unique board challenges and goals. You will be responsible for managing and growing a portfolio of accounts, as well as acquiring new business from potential customers.
- Achieve quarterly sales quota and maintain appropriate sales development activity to ensure healthy pipeline management
- Drive the full sales cycle, from prospecting potential clients, conducting discovery and demos to ultimately closing deals with the assistance of the sales team
- Drive customer interest and traffic into the product to create revenue
- Plan and execute sales strategy and provide consistent and accurate forward-looking analysis
- Strategically drive complex transactions involving multiple executive level budget holders and decision makers to closure
- Present and demonstrate the value of Boardable to prospective buyers through engaging and value-focused demos
- Prioritize opportunities and coordinate resources across the Boardable team to provide the best possible customer experience and customer outcomes
- Draft, edit, and finalize proposals, reference lists, and other materials used in the sales process
- Develop a strong understanding of key differentiators and the competitive landscape
- Track and report on sales metrics (e.g., leads, demos, ARR) using CRM
- Identify and attend sponsored events/tradeshows as needed to serve as Boardable ambassador, meeting with prospective customers, surveying competitive offerings, and learning market trends
- Work with account management and customer success to ensure successful transition of new customers for training, adoption, and support needs
- Represent Boardable at conferences to prospect and build relationships
Metrics that drive success:
- New Subscription Revenue - meeting quota
- SQL to Close Rate
- Forecast accuracy
- Time to Close
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years successful sales experience in B2B SaaS, achieving and/or exceeding quotas
- Experience within a PLG organization preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- A results-driven mindset with a focus on achieving targets and driving revenue growth.
- Experience in a startup or small company environment, where you had to be resourceful, proactive, and wear many hats.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze sales data and identify trends.
- Nonprofit and/or board experience a plus
- Proven success record of understanding, caring, and delighting customers and prospects through value-based selling techniques
- Strong financial and business acumen required, experience understanding subscription based SaaS revenue models as well as product-led and/or PLG environments preferred
- Self-motivated, organized, disciplined and able to work on your own and as part of a team
- Demonstrated, relentless pursuit of excellence in professional endeavors
- Must have ability to travel 25% of time to attend conferences, prospective customer meetings and visits, and team related travel
- Location: Candidates located in Indianapolis, IN will be given first preference
- Hybrid work environment within Industrious, a thoughtfully designed, flexible workspace with extensive member benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO), 11 recognized holidays, and a commitment to work/life blend
- Access to competitive health/dental/vision insurance options, including a PPO and HDHP plan option
- Life insurance and the option for short term and long term disability coverage
- Monthly phone/tech stipend
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) with employer match
- Work from home desk setup stipend for all new hires
- Potential of equity compensation in a fast-growing organization
- Bonus opportunities
- Transparent, welcoming, and helpful culture dedicated to living our mission
- The gift of Boardable to a board on which you serve, annual subscription
- Time off for board service work
- Corporate charitable donation matching program
- Annual all-hands retreat
- Exceptional swag
- Fringe lifestyle benefit
Diversity and Inclusion
We create equitable compensation, promotion opportunities, and processes and our talent acquisition efforts employ measures to mitigate bias in hiring. Through our work and service, we support organizations that provide programs for underrepresented groups and communities. We strive to foster a culture that embraces belonging and inclusion, creating a safe space for everyone to feel valued, respected, and engaged.
Boardable is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage all those interested to apply and encourage you to contact us if you request accommodations upon submitting your application
Note: We strive to provide timely communication to all candidates, as we sincerely appreciate you wanting to be a part of our story. And let's be honest, it stinks to be ghosted. Please ensure your email address is correct when applying. Thank you!