Senior Software Engineer, Frontend (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
You will be working across the entire Brex stack, creating and maintaining new products and experiences for our customers. You will have the opportunity to learn and push the frontier of providing the best financial software experience to help companies grow. You’ll be encouraged to be metric and data-driven and to think creatively to help Brex scale and get prepared for the new markets we are about to enter. We’re looking for folks with a track record of leading complex technical frontend projects with many moving pieces. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to drive direct business impact and shape our long-term technical vision with a high quality bar.
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features and products
- Work side-by-side with user facing teams (Sales, Support) to best understand the needs of our customers.
- Own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from user experience, data models, scalability, operability and ongoing metrics.
- Be product focused, and work heavily with both product & design to iterate and develop a holistic solution
- Be responsible for full software development lifecycle - design, development, testing, operating in production
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
- Mentor software engineers and set the standard for the next generation of Brex engineers
- Be performance minded, and help drive changes to optimize our performance & create high-quality, performant UIs
- Proactively identify and prioritize improvements to the team’s processes, codebases and best practices
- Experience architecting, developing, and testing client-side code
- Experience with modern web tooling and frameworks (such as TypeScript, React, Apollo, Storybook, and Webpack)
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation of multiple technical directions and determine tradeoffs of each
- Strong propensity to make data-driven decisions on technical architecture and project prioritization
- English proficiency/fluency (written and speaking). Note: Interviews will be conducted in English.
- Experience collaborating with experts in product, design, and operations
- Basic experience with design tools
- Experience driving initiatives at a broader level across an organization or company
- Must be working in Brazil at the start of role.
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.
Something looks off?