Engineering Manager, Fraud Risk & Admin Experience (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that. Teams are autonomous, filled with inclusive individuals, eager to learn, teach, constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
As an engineering manager at Brex, you will lead & support incredible teams to shape the future of our products and company. We’re looking for a servant leader who values growing the people on their teams alongside a strong desire to develop collaborative & effective organizations.
The fraud team is responsible for our company & Brex customers from all aspects of fraud risk and enables the most frictionless experience to help Brex become the most trustworthy brand on a global scale.
- Lead and manage a team of software engineers, providing guidance, support, and mentorship to help them grow professionally.
- Drive the development and execution of the Fraud Risk roadmap, taking it to the next level by leveraging your domain expertise in fraud prevention and mitigation.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, ensuring clear and efficient communication to drive the success of Fraud Risk initiatives.
- Demonstrate strong technical expertise, particularly in system design and architecture, to guide the team in developing robust and scalable solutions.
- Lead the development of customer-facing products related to fraud risk, such as dispute resolution platforms.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative team culture, encouraging knowledge sharing, continuous learning, and professional development.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role, with a minimum of 2 years of management experience.
- In-depth domain knowledge and experience in fraud risk management or related fields, with a track record of successfully driving fraud prevention initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and manage stakeholders at various levels.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques, data analysis, and the fintech industry is a plus.
- Experience influencing & partnering with stakeholders to drive risk-initiatives and advance the state of fraud prevention.
- English proficiency/fluency (written and speaking). Note: Interviews will be conducted in English.
- Experience in product management or close collaboration with product managers on risk-related initiatives is advantageous.
- Previous experience having founded a venture or were a foundational member of an early-stage start up. We value entrepreneurial spirit & scrappiness!
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome gets in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and don’t want it to get in the way of meeting you.
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.