Senior Associate, Enterprise Risk Management (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Enterprise Risk Management Team at Brex
Our mission as an Enterprise Risk Management team is to serve as an independent body to identify and assess control gaps, prioritize and design remediation, and validate implementation to build trust and confidence with Brex’s customers, partners, regulators, and other stakeholders. We own the internal audit program for Brex, provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex from Financial Crime and other compliance risks, and represent the company externally on key regulatory and policy issues. Reimagining the financial system in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What you’ll do
As a key part of the Enterprise Risk Management function at Brex, you will partner closely with 1st and 2nd line functions to develop risk assessment, controls, and governance frameworks. You will provide strategic guidance on enterprise-wide risk mitigation, collaborating with stakeholders to find creative solutions to business issues. You will also design and execute audit testing plans to ensure that relevant controls have been designed and appropriately implemented in a timely fashion.
- Conduct top-down and bottom-up risk assessments to build and maintain Brex’s top risks
- Develop and maintain Risk and Control Matrices (RCMs)
- Contribute to control audits and examinations either via self-execution or project management of external examiners and auditors, covering all stages of an audit lifecycle, including planning, fieldwork, reporting, and remediation validation which would include fostering partnership with stakeholders to develop, set timelines, and monitor gap remediation plans
- Proactively build collaborative and trusting relationships with cross-functional partners, including Compliance, Legal, Engineering, Operations, and Security to capture changes in processes, identify issues, and make recommendations for process improvements
- Monitor and organize risk metrics to support analysis of risk appetite and report to executive management
- Drive company-wide adoption of risk management processes including risk rating methodology, risk acceptance, and management risk reporting
- Partner with stakeholders in the business and provide trusted risk consulting, guidance, and assistance to prepare risk assessments, including analyzing mitigating controls, identifying gaps, and facilitating the creation of risk mitigation plans, as well as required reporting and escalations of significant business risks
- Educate risk owners effectively on risk management best practices, the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of Enterprise Risk Management
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 4 + years of working experience within an Enterprise Risk Management or Internal Audit role, preferably at financial institutions or fintech companies
- Exceptional judgment and integrity, ability to handle complex matters independently, and product-minded approach
- Experience in building Enterprise Risk Management programs
- Strong internal controls knowledge and prior experience reviewing and/or establishing business processes and controls
- Able to build strong cross-functional relationships across Engineering, Product, Operations, Security, and Legal
- Entrepreneurial mindset and accustomed to working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Strong project management
- Passion for building innovative solutions and challenging the status quo
- Big 4 or consulting experience
- Proficiency in data querying using SQL
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.