Developer Support Specialist (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Customer Experience at Brex
The Customer Experience (CX) team provides our customers with constant, live support as they build and grow their businesses. Our team is a passionate group that understands how to give customers a seamless support experience. In communication with our customers daily, we have the opportunity to provide insights and feedback, as well as identify process improvements to our partner teams—sales, products, operations, and engineering. We prioritize customer retention, which we accomplish by keeping high standards for how we serve our customers and making sure they leave every conversation satisfied and inspired.
What you’ll do
Brex features a full suite of APIs to empower our customers and partners to never-before seen things in the finance world. As a Developer Support Specialist, you are the front-line point of contact supporting developers to be successful when using Brex’s API. This role is a hybrid position consisting of relations with external developers and working closely with Brex’s internal engineering, product, and design teams. Day-to-day, you work directly with external developers to advise on best practices, improve self-serve content, and investigate technical issues. You will also be partnering with internal engineering and design teams, triaging complex ticket escalations from Support, and closing the feedback loop between teams.
- Provide direct technical support to developers using Brex’s APIs, delivering the highest level of developer satisfaction
- Work closely with engineering, product, and design teams to ensure feedback from developers is captured and, where appropriate, used to build, drive and improve our tools and processes
- Develop self-service options by creating and maintaining code samples, tutorials, and guides
- Directly field technical escalations from the Support team and follow engineering tickets through to resolution.
- Proficient with database languages such as SQL
What We Value
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Good customer-centric attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to communicate complex technical issues via email and in person
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Experience in a customer facing role in the past (this does not need to be a technical customer-facing role)
- Understanding financial systems and services
- Familiarity with programming languages
- Experience working with REST or GraphQL API calls
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Experience using tools such as Looker, Datadog, Salesforce, Jira, Retool, and low-code/no-code tools
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.