Software Engineer, AI Platform (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a software engineer to join our new AI Platform team. The AI Platform team is in charge of the platform to enable both traditional ML model and generative AI at Brex, with a vision to scale and democratize machine learning and AI to meet the needs of business. You would be collaborating with data scientists and engineers from various product orgs within Brex to build, maintain and scale our AI Platform..
- Design and develop the infrastructure to provide a cohesive, integrated, and managed development life cycle for traditional ML models and LLMs
- Architecting, building, and diagnosing production AI/ML systems
- Working closely with AI/ML application teams to design seamless workflows for continuous model training, inference, and monitoring
- Defining and providing strong SLAs and metrics around latency, throughput and resource
- Interfacing with both ML experts and platform engineers to understand workflows, pinpoint and resolve inefficiencies, and inform the next set of features for the platforms
- Troubleshooting and debugging user issues
- Providing operational and user-facing documentation
- You will be responsible for developing, cultivating and nurturing the AI-driven culture within Brex.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a software engineering role or equivalent experience
- Experience working with backend programming languages, such as Kotlin, Python, etc
- Experience building custom MLOps platform solutions based in business needs
- Experience leveraging and integrating industry MLOps solutions, such as AWS Sagemaker, Databricks, etc
- Experience using LLM technologies such as langchain, LLM AIs
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- English proficiency/fluency (written and speaking). Note: Interviews will be conducted in English.
- Experience driving initiatives at a broader level across an organization or company
- Strong writing skills
- Proactive approach
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.