Implementation Technical Architect (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Implementation at Brex
The Implementation team is focused on onboarding net-new and existing customers to Empower, ensuring they have a delightful experience. The Implementation team is the face of Brex and is responsible for providing the customer with a unique and fresh experience as they transform their mundane expense management process into something more employee-focused and exciting. We are collaborative and supportive, working cross-functionally to provide the best experience possible and always putting the customer first. We focus on turning booked revenue into billed revenue through the process of implementing customers quickly and successfully. We have a culture where we support and lift each other up to build an authentic, inclusive environment where our team members can grow, shine and make an impact.
What you’ll do
As an Integration Architect, you will work closely with the Solutions Architect and Empower Consultant teams solving technical challenges and building out custom integrations for customers to drive adoption of the Brex platform. You will use your deep understanding of the system and the needs of clients, working with the Product and Engineering teams to improve the overall product experience. You will also drive various initiatives to scale Brex platform through APIs and make it easier to adopt. For example, by building technical capacity with System integrators or developing documentation
The ideal candidate will combine technical, product, and business skills to make our customers successful and improve the product.
- Work closely with customers to discover their business needs and challenges to build a custom integration to fit their needs.
- Recognized by our customers as a trusted expert in ERP architecture and business process flow.
- Understand custom integration requirements to configure data and mappings per customers’ requirements
- Ability to identify and suggest improvements to customer integration architecture and flows
- Consult with customers' technical teams to architect & guide them in building custom connectors/integrations into Brex API
- Coordinate and execute testing and validation activities with customers, other integration consultants and/or third parties as required
- Debug and resolve technical issues with ongoing integrations
- Manage the customer relationship and expectations, working diligently to provide solutions to any challenges
- Take total ownership of integration projects
- Build and execute prioritization strategy for managing multiple high touch customer relationships
- Work cross-functionally as a member of the Brex account team to deliver a smooth customer experience, including knowledge sharing and keeping our Sales & Customer Success partners informed on customer engagements
- Deeply understand the Brex system architecture and integration components.
- ERP Integration Lead who will be working on multiple active integration projects at any given time, leading all technical aspects of your projects, many of them custom JSON, XML or CSV file formats supporting complex integration workflows
- Develop familiarity with the product roadmap and provide a key voice into future iterations of the product roadmap
- Collaborate with internal business development and partnerships teams to further align on partner led solutions to support enterprise customer needs
- Create documentation and develop best practices to help customers get the most out of using the systems.
- 8+ years of functional business process experience, combined with strong SQL query and ERP backend knowledge
- 5+ years of experience in software development or technical integrations
- SAP/Oracle subject matter expert
- Experience communicating to technical and business audiences
- Knowledge of the enterprise software space
- Experience working with cloud identity providers and collaboration tools
- Experience with security protocols (OAuth, SAML) and enterprise user management systems (e.g. Active Directory, Workday)
- Ability to resolve issues and risks in a cross functional and collaborative way.
- Strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion while achieving the desired business outcomes.
- Custom Integration experience in Financial, Expense Management, HRIS, SSO, or ERP Software space
- Functional expertise in the following areas: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Expense Management, Travel, HRIS, SSO
- Experience with the following:
- Authentication systems - Okta, One login, Azure ADFS, 1Password, etc
- Provisioning systems - Workday, SCIM, Bamboo HR, and other HRIS systems through native as well as API integration
- Accounting systems - NetSuite, QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, Xero, Sage Intacct, Expensify, Concur, CoupaPay, Conferma, Workday ERP, Oracle Fusion, SAP, etc
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.