Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Startup Sales at Brex
The Sales team is the driving factor behind revenue for Brex. Every member of our team directly affects our bottom line. We focus on generating new opportunities, acquiring new customers, and building even stronger relationships with our current customers. We have a unified culture recognizing big wins daily and celebrating individual accomplishments weekly and monthly. We make sure that top performers are recognized and have built a competitive environment to keep the team motivated and unified.
What you’ll do
You will be focused on establishing, managing and growing relationships with top-tier partners (VCs, Accelerators and Accounting Firms / Outsourced CFOs) and their founders, across the SF Bay Area. Your primary responsibility is to be a Startups Ambassador to your assigned top-tier partners and their startups, and to build a Brex community in your geo. You will be active in-market and host your own events / programming in partnership with your assigned top-tier partners.
Startups Ambassador Responsibilities
- Drive top-of-funnel customer acquisition at the Pre-seed / Seed / Series A through in-market sales, partnerships, relationship-building, and community and events
- Prioritize their time in-market in top-tier geos, with top-tier founders and VCs, in an effort to build and maintain credibility, rapport and relationships
- Manage all assigned sales channels in your respective geo: VC, partnerships, accountant, etc.
- Cross-sell through credibility, rapport, relationships, content marketing and by simply executing for founders and VCs on “the ask,” Brex-related or not
- Have influence and affect influence by serving as an unbiased, reliable resource for startup financial advice
- Understand, empathize with and advise founders on their needs across financial products, banks, capital (debt and equity) and talent (first finance hires), through good times and bad
- Host high-touch, high quality events that thoughtfully engage top-tier founders and VCs
- Advocate for startups externally and internally; customers feel you have their back and also feel connected to Brex and our product, through you
- Build a network that top-tier founders and VCs want to be a part of and leverage
- Be the respected brand and face of Brex for Startups in-market; this is an honor and a privilege, not a right
- 4+ years working in venture capital, at a startup or in other partnership roles in tech
- Location: This is a hybrid role, as you will physically be in-market and need to be based in the SF Bay Area
- Experience carrying quota
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25-40% of your time to partners and external meetings
- Experience working with founders, VCs, Accelerators and accountants
- Community building experience
- Established startup network in your geography
- Self-starter with strong leadership, intellectual curiosity, analytical, sales, and collaboration skills
- Goal-oriented, driven, and experienced in networking and influencing decision makers
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding quotas
- Highly encouraged to be a graduate of a 4-year university
- Experience in financial services and, specifically, the finance needs of early stage companies
- Well-networked within the CFO / VP Finance / Controller / Accounting Firm / Outsourced CFO community
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.