Product Finance Director (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Finance at Brex
The Finance team leads financial planning & analysis, business finance, corporate development, capital markets, and board & investor relations. We strive to be agents of change and strategic thought partners to the business. We actively participate in driving corporate strategy and translating that into execution by the business units. We are integrated with teams across product, engineering and go-to-market, and work closely with them to evaluate key questions, solve problems, and drive results to maximize Brex’s long term shareholder value. We are deeply involved in long-term planning and strategic decisions for the company.
What You’ll Do
As the Product Finance Director you will be the primary finance partner for the Product, Engineering and Design teams, which are led by our President/Chief Product Officer and our Chief Technology Officer. You will support these leaders by developing and implementing data-driven initiatives aimed at driving growth, improving efficiency, and increasing profitability, while serving as a connective tissue within the business.
You will work on strategic, high-impact projects including our monetization strategy, product goals, competitive intelligence, investment ROI, and other initiatives requested by the C-Suite. You will bring both the financial and commercial point of view, and need to embrace challenges and structure complex problems. High exposure to the executive leadership, regularly delivering analysis and recommendations directly to the Leadership Team and participating in the narrative and analysis for the Board of Directors and other investors.
- Operate as a monetization strategy leader by partnering with Product and Product Marketing on pricing strategy, discounting strategy and guardrails
- Evaluate revenue potential from potential future product investments to understand ROI
- Own the unit economics for your products including identifying and implementing strategies to improve margins
- Support FP&A in understanding how to forecast product revenues and margins
- Partner with each product lead to own key product metrics by setting goals in planning, tracking outcomes, and providing metric deep dive analysis
- Help tie product-related goals (activation, usage/value, attach, customer sentiment) to financial and GTM goals
- Play a leading role in bi-annual planning to support decision making around product priorities and tradeoffs
- Support cross-cutting initiatives such as customer segmentation, int’l revenue planning, and market research
- Provide a centralized POV on business deep-dives requested by C-Suite by being an expert in business context and priorities
- Prepare and deliver management presentations for leadership to analyze results and present forecasts, build narratives that describe business strategy and performance, assess business risk and operating health, and align cross functional teams to effective solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, STEM, or related field
- 8+ years of relevant financial experience, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility at a high-growth tech company
- High level of Excel proficiency, familiarity with Looker databases is a plus
- Comfortable interacting with internal and external senior level executives
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven success partnering and collaborating across various functions
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm and driving personal vision
- A penchant for multi-tasking and self-starting
- Prior background in investment banking or private equity, or in a SaaS company or other recurring revenue model
The expected salary range for this role is $232,000 - $290,000. However, the starting base pay will depend on a number of factors including the candidate’s location, skills, experience, market demands, and internal pay parity. Depending on the position offered, equity and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package.
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.