Capital Markets Senior Manager (Remote)
Why join us
Brex empowers the next generation of businesses with an integrated corporate card and spend management software. We make it easy for our customers to manage every aspect of spending and empower their employees to make better financial decisions from anywhere they live or work. Brex proudly serves tens of thousands of growing businesses, from early-stage startups to enterprise leaders.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Finance at Brex
The Finance team leads financial planning & analysis, business finance, corporate development, capital markets & treasury, and board & investor relations. We strive to be agents of change and strategic thought partners to the business. We actively participate in driving corporate strategy and translating that into execution by the business units. We are integrated with teams across product, engineering and go-to-market, and work closely with them to evaluate key questions, solve problems, and drive results to maximize Brex’s long-term shareholder value. We are deeply involved in long-term planning and strategic decisions for the company.
What you’ll do
The Capital Markets and Treasury team at Brex is responsible for securing and managing the capital and the financial partnerships necessary to enable the company’s growth. The team manages Brex’s liquidity needs and works closely with external lenders and investors to execute the company’s funding strategy via credit facilities, securitizations, loan sales and other secured and unsecured debt solutions. As a Senior Manager on the Capital Markets team, you will take an active role and focus on implementing Brex’s financing and capital markets strategy. You will also help shape Brex’s treasury and liquidity strategy. You will have the opportunity to directly impact Brex’s growth by negotiating, structuring, executing and managing debt facilities and securitizations. You will contribute to managing Brex’s liquidity position across all products. Additionally, you will help with building relationships with lenders and investors. You will also partner internally with product, engineering, legal, compliance and risk on various strategic initiatives and be deeply involved in Brex’s long-term product planning.
- Play a leading role in managing existing facilities and in building and executing our funding strategy via credit facilities, securitizations, loan sales and other secured and unsecured debt solutions
- Lead the execution of securitization transactions, warehouses and other lending contracts
- Manage relationships with banking partners, lenders, investors and other capital markets participants
- Prepare investor presentations and other materials for conferences, deal roadshows, rating agency meetings and diligence meetings
- Build and maintain internal and external funding strategy projections and performance reports that are shared with Brex’s Leadership, Lenders and Investors
- Contribute to Brex’s treasury strategy and liquidity position
- Perform analyses to identify and structure ways to optimize Brex’s balance sheet and funding strategies
- Lead cross-functional partners with credit workstreams, strategic initiatives and new product development
- Perform ad hoc projects and analyses as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, STEM or a related field
- 6+ years of capital markets experience at a Fintech or in structured finance investment banking
- Experience leading the design and implementation of capital markets financing strategies
- Experience with multiple financing structures such as securitization, warehouses, forward flows, and other secured and unsecured solutions
- Hands-on experience leading securitization issuance and warehouse facility negotiations
- Understanding of basic principles of credit risk, ability to influence drafting and implementation of credit policies
- Excellent work ethic, self-starter attitude and willingness to contribute beyond the prescribed role to achieve the company objectives
- Ability to develop and manage financial models independently and to work and analyze large data sets
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven success in partnering and collaborating across various functions and with external counterparts
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication, quantitative and analytical skills
- High level of Excel proficiency
- Comfortable interacting with internal and external senior-level executives
- Treasury management experience
- Experience in constructing and maintaining hedging strategies
- Familiarity with Looker databases
The expected salary range for this role is $180,000 - $225,000. However, the starting base pay will depend on a number of factors including the candidate’s location, skills, experience, market demands, and internal pay parity. Depending on the position offered, equity and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package.
Please be aware, job-seekers may be at risk of targeting by malicious actors looking for personal data. Brex recruiters will only reach out via LinkedIn or email with a brex.com domain. Any outreach claiming to be from Brex via other sources should be ignored.