As a Technical Writer on our Engineering team, you will work closely with our various engineering teams, product team, and others to deliver the documentation used by tens of thousands of developers to help them succeed at delivering software through CircleCI.
About Technical Writing at CircleCI
Join our growing Documentation Team! Support our customer engineering, platform engineering, and other teams to understand the capabilities of our CI/CD platform. We then communicate those capabilities to our users such that they can get maximum value from our platform. You will update documentation regularly, write new material as needed, and solicit guidance from across the company. As open source is important, this role would serve as a primary point of contact for customer contributions to our open source documentation repository.
What you'll do:
- Organize, edit, and be a contributing writer to CircleCI Docs.
- Work with our engineering and product teams to analyze changes and new features as they are released to identify any changes needed to keep the documentation up-to-date.
- Solicit and coordinate internal and external input sent as comments or as pull requests to our documentation repository.
- Contribute to and uphold our docs style guide, and work with the team to plan and drive efforts to improve consistency in both prose and information architecture.
What we're looking for:
- Demonstrable body of work communicating complex technical concepts in concise, well-organized writing.
- Broad understanding of software development tools and practices - being an active engineer isn't necessary but have a feel for how different teams build software.
- Familiarity with the basics of git and GitHub pull requests.
- A desire to delve into a myriad of different tools, languages, and frameworks.
- At CircleCI, you’ll need to be able to climb the learning curve on the core idioms of most major programming languages and frameworks as well as various methods for deploying code into production environments.
- Experience with using markup languages to write docs/content (AsciiDoc, Markdown, reStructuredText, etc.)
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a résumé and a cover letter if you’d like to let us know what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.