About Product Analytics at CircleCI
In this role, you will be a member of the CircleCI Data team. We are a team of data analysts, data scientists, and analytics engineers in CircleCI's R&D (Product, Engineering, Data, and Design) organization. You will help product teams make data-driven decisions, deliver measurable improvements to our products, and ship innovative data products. Each data analyst and data scientist supports one or more R&D teams, so you will never be short of new challenges. You will lead all things data for your R&D team!
What you’ll do:
- Be an excellent analyst: Uncover business questions. Develop rational hypotheses around these questions. Write research plans. Explore data in clean and raw forms. Soundly use statistics. Make clear visualizations. Deliver actionable insights. Tell compelling data stories. Present to technical and executive audiences. Drive action and outcomes.
- Support an R&D team: Collaborate with product managers, product leaders, designers, and engineers. Define, root cause, and forecast product metrics. Analyze products, customers, and business outcomes. Uncover what drives process success.
- Use a growth toolkit: Think in terms of product activation, engagement, retention, and growth. Support iterative cycles of build, measure, and learn. Design, interpret and support product experiments and A/B tests. Educate partners on statistical validity.
- Improve our analytics practice: Turn repetitive analyses into dashboards. Improve team processes. Build data pipelines and tables. Define requirements for better data. Improve data automation and analytics capabilities. Partner with engineers and analytics engineers.
What we're looking for
- 3-5 years of product analytics: Successful candidates typically have from three to five years supporting product, growth, or marketing as a dedicated analyst. Typically, that experience is at a high-growth company with a well-defined product funnel. Often, candidates have an additional few years supporting other functions as a data analyst or in BI-, reporting-, or analytics-engineering roles. Experience with experimentation methodologies (A/B, MVT) is a plus.
- Technical education: A bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field (e.g., Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance, etc.). Bonus for a similar Master’s degree or a data science bootcamp.
- Proficiency across analytics tools: Analytical SQL. Scripting in a notebook environment, using Python and Pandas. Intermediate statistics. Basic data science. Ability to quickly ramp up on GitHub, Snowflake, Mode, Segment, Optimizely, Airflow, DBT, and others.
- Right soft skills: Effective communicator across technical and business audiences and with CircleCI exec leadership. Curious; confident; open to questioning assumptions and being questioned. An incremental worker, able to balance vision and execution, and not easily discouraged.
You can work remotely anywhere in North America! You also have the option to work out of our San Francisco, Denver, Boston, or Toronto offices, once they reopen. CircleCI is a distributed company with team members across 50+ cities and 13 countries.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CircleCI is the world’s largest continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 3 million jobs a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how the most effective engineering teams work, and the tools to help software companies successfully leverage the power of AI into their commercial applications. Companies like Hinge, HuggingFace, and Samsung use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by firms including IVP, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Greenspring Associates, Top Tier Venture Partners, Blue Owl, Sapphire Ventures amongst others.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.