Senior/Lead Software Engineer - Frontend
About the Opportunity
Contentful is a content management system (CMS) that enables enterprises to publish content across multiple channels with speed and agility. Our platform provides developers and content creators with the tools they need to manage and deliver digital content, from websites and mobile apps to smart devices and digital signage.
We are looking for a creative and innovative Software Engineer to operate as a Frontend Lead and help us build new products at Contentful. As a lead engineer, you’ll partner closely with members of our Product and Design teams to explore new product opportunities, experiment with technical proofs of concept, prototypes and MVPs, and build new features as we proceed from ideation to launch. This role will operate in highly ambiguous environments and will need to be heavily engaged in the customer discovery process. The ideal candidate values progress over perfection, is comfortable iterating quickly, and is also mindful of technical feasibility and long-term architectural concerns.
This is an opportunity to have a big impact as we form new product development teams in the US and expand our footprint. We are only scratching the surface of our full potential. This means you have an incredible opportunity to join us on this journey to do meaningful, challenging work while growing your career.
What to expect?
- Build software features for early-stage new products
- Collaborate with members of Product and Design in the product discovery process
- Explore innovative approaches and architectures
- Advise on technical feasibility
- Provide subject matter expertise on frontend frameworks, tools and technologies
- Drive technical implementation and support other engineers
What you need to be successful?
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Focus on frontend development and experience building dynamic web applications, not just static websites
- First-hand experience building early-stage new products, either at a startup or innovation team
- Deep and up-to-date understanding of front-end frameworks, languages, approaches and tools
- Hands-on experience with GraphQL, Node, REST APIs and other fullstack tech a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to make data-informed decisions in situations with high uncertainty
- Leadership experience of initiatives, projects or teams
- A passion for learning and experimentation
- A creative, entrepreneurial mindset and a burning desire to build and deliver valuable products to customers
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave to care for and focus on your growing family
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement every 2 years
- New hire office equipment stipend. Get the gear you need to work at your best.
- Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $174,000 - $196,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s equity plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.
Something looks off?