Director of Community
About the opportunity
Contentful is a cutting-edge composable content platform, the pioneer and leader of headless CMS, and is committed to revolutionizing digital experiences by giving digital teams the freedom to transform, build and deliver content driven experiences. We pride ourselves on innovation, creativity, and a passion for fostering vibrant communities of future-minded digital leaders who are responsible for leading the digital efforts and initiatives of the organization.
As the digital landscape continues to evolve and new technologies emerge, the Head of Digital is responsible for keeping up to date with the latest trends, developing digital capabilities and hiring the right skills to stay competitive. Contentful is in a unique position to connect and elevate the Heads of Digital, Chief Digital Officers (CDOs) and aspiring CDOs to discuss the rapidly changing nature of digital technology, talent and developing skills, how employees adapt to the new way of working in an AI world, and innovative solutions.
The Contentful CDO forum is a premier community dedicated to connecting and empowering digital leaders across industries to create knowledge exchange. As the Director of Community, you will play a pivotal role in developing the strategy for this new forum, fostering engagement, facilitating connections, and driving value for our members. If you're passionate about being a catalyst for meaning connections and to create impact for digital innovators to thrive in a collaborative, dynamic environment, we want to hear from you.
What to expect?
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Community to lead the growth and development of our vibrant digital leadership community. Reporting to the VP of Brand Experience, the Director of Community, will be responsible for building and nurturing relationships, driving engagement, and creating valuable experiences for CDOs.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive community engagement strategy to foster a vibrant and inclusive community.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key influencers, thought leaders, and advocates within the community.
- Position the Chief Digital Officer forum as a thought leader in the digital leadership space through active participation in industry events, conferences, and online discussions.
- Be a strategic thinker with the ability to translate goals into actionable plans and initiatives.
- Evaluate and utilize various digital platforms and tools to facilitate interaction, collaboration, and knowledge sharing among community members.
Content Creation and Curation:
- Create compelling content in partnership with the content team, internal and external subject matter experts, including articles, videos, webinars, and social media posts, to engage and educate the community.
- Curate user-generated content and encourage members to share their experiences, insights, and expertise.
- Ensure all content aligns with brand values and resonates with the target audience.
- Proven track record of building and growing communities, driving engagement, and delivering measurable results.
- Monitor community activity, respond to inquiries, and moderate discussions to ensure a positive and respectful environment.
- Identify emerging trends, issues, and opportunities within the community and provide timely insights to internal stakeholders.
- Implement best practices for community management and develop guidelines to govern community participation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and influence diverse audiences.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Track and analyze key metrics, such as engagement levels, sentiment, and member satisfaction, to assess the health and growth of the community.
- Use data-driven insights to optimize community initiatives, identify areas for improvement, and inform strategic decision-making.
- Collaborate with marketing, product development, partners and other teams to integrate topics for discussion, and community feedback into business decisions and product/service enhancements.
- Champion the voice of the community internally, advocating for their needs, priorities, and concerns.
What you need to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years proven experience as a head of digital, community management, digital marketing, or professional association, preferably in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment.
- Strong understanding of digital trends, technologies, digital platforms and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create compelling content and foster meaningful interactions.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate business objectives into actionable community initiatives.
- Creative problem-solver with a passion for building connections and driving positive change.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with diverse communities and a commitment to fostering inclusivity and belonging.
- Proficiency in analytics tools and techniques for measuring and analyzing community engagement metrics.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave to care for and focus on your growing family
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- New hire office equipment stipend. Get the gear you need to work at your best.
This role will need to be conducted in a state in which we are currently registered to do business.
Who are we?
Contentful is the intelligent composable content platform that unlocks all of an organization’s digital content to deliver impactful customer experiences, making content a strategic business asset. The Contentful Platform, Contentful Studio, and the Contentful Ecosystem combine the flexibility of composable content with the intelligence of AI, empowering digital teams to drive business momentum through collaboration, speed, and scale. Contentful powers innovative content experiences across brands, regions, and channels for organizations around the world, including nearly 30% of the Fortune 500. Nearly 800 people from more than 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.