Enterprise Account Executive
About the opportunity
Building on the growth already achieved by our US based sales team, we’re looking to grow our Enterprise Account Executive team throughout North America.
As an Enterprise Account Executive, you’ll drive Contentful’s growth by leading the end-to-end sales process from prospecting to close. You’ll be instrumental in driving new revenue opportunities, customer enablement initiatives, and leading a consultative sales process by speaking the language of both professional developers and business leaders. Working in partnership with our Customer Success team, you’ll nurture and grow a customer base within North America.
As an Enterprise Account Executive in this critical market, you will be the point of contact for both customers and prospects. Your role is to identify and develop new sales opportunities and grow existing accounts while ensuring customers meet their business objectives with Contentful.
What to expect?
- Position, negotiate, and close new logo and expansion business ($50-500K ACV) in the North American territory
- Meet quarterly and annual sales goals by developing an account strategy and pipeline, managing internal and client processes, maintaining sales reports, developing market and competitor knowledge, delivering presentations to customers, and creating sales proposals
- Manage RFI/RFQ requests with Contentful internal and customer teams
- Refine and evolve our "land-and-expand" model in collaboration with Sales, Partnerships, and Customer Success teams
- Seek to understand the digital experience challenges of prospects and current customers while aligning the ROI of Contentful with those challenges to ensure a value-based selling approach
- Work closely with Sales Engineers and Solution Architects to uncover technical challenges and opportunities, as well as the greater sales ecosystem (including, but not limited to Sales Development Representatives, Account Managers, and Customer Success) to drive new business and retain customers
- Develop innovative proposals, position complex pricing structures, and negotiate contracts and deal-closing requirements quickly and efficiently
- Work closely with Customer Success & Marketing teams to ensure that best practices of Contentful are shared and implemented with the respective customers
- Your compensation plan includes Monthly and Annual accelerators for over-achievement against your bookings goals.
What you need to be successful?
- 4-8+ years of experience selling a technical platform
- 5+ years of individual quota carrying experience with a history of exceeding quota
- Working knowledge of selling and positioning to customers a technical SaaS and/or PaaS platform
- 2+ years of growing and expanding existing customer accounts in a SaaS and/or PaaS environment
- Demonstrated ability to sell transactions of $150k+ to organizations with $1b+ in revenue, experience engaging VP and C Level executives
- Experience working with a Partner ecosystem to land and expand customers.
- Experience closing $$ASP
- Ideal Candidates have:
- Understanding of sales led growth sales motion
- Previous CMS (content management system) experience
Ideal Candidates have:
- Understanding of product-led growth sales motions
- Previous CMS (content management system) experience
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave to care for and focus on your growing family
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- New hire office equipment stipend. Get the gear you need to work at your best.
This role will need to be conducted in a state in which we are currently registered to do business.
Who are we?
Contentful is the intelligent composable content platform that unlocks all of an organization’s digital content to deliver impactful customer experiences, making content a strategic business asset. The Contentful Platform, Contentful Studio, and the Contentful Ecosystem combine the flexibility of composable content with the intelligence of AI, empowering digital teams to drive business momentum through collaboration, speed, and scale. Contentful powers innovative content experiences across brands, regions, and channels for organizations around the world, including nearly 30% of the Fortune 500. Nearly 800 people from more than 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.