Director of Sustainability
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
About Us 🌎
EcoCart is a leading climate technology application for online retailers. We partner with brands to meet their sustainability goals by identifying opportunities to reduce their carbon footprint throughout their supply chain and business operations. Where greenhouse gas emissions are unavoidable we partner with certified carbon offset projects. By helping ecommerce businesses tell their sustainability story we boost trust, prevent greenwashing, and offset unavoidable greenhouse gas emissions.
We are a 50-person, remote-first company looking for people who are motivated by being part of a team building products that will help change the world. We're growing quickly, and want you to grow with us - Join us in our mission to make the fight against climate change easy, accessible, & affordable for everyone!
EcoCart is currently only hiring folks based in the United States or Canada.
See who you'd be working with by checking out our org chart: https://theorg.com/org/ecocart
The Opportunity 💻
EcoCart is on the hunt for an experienced Sustainability Analyst to conduct analyses and own communication regarding sustainability with internal and external stakeholders. Operating (at least initially) as a department of one, this role will work directly with the COO to assist in the sustainability operations of our software product. If you are seeking the opportunity to put your sustainability skills to use in an exciting Climate Tech startup, we want to talk to you!
Salary Range: $120,000 - $170,000 USD
A day in the life ☀️
- Execute and communicate carbon emissions estimation analyses with e-commerce brand partners
- Develop and communicate criteria for evaluating carbon offset projects
- Manage and organize relationships with dozens of project developer partners
- Communicate EcoCart’s sustainability strategy to current / potential customers
- Support marketing content development through sustainability research
- Balance multiple simultaneous projects across a variety of internal stakeholders
- Act as in-house sustainability expert within the company
- Representative for all things sustainability in and out of EcoCart
- Develop, recommend, and drive the implementation of the organization’s sustainability strategy and policies – executing plans by closely working with and through all functions.
Minimum Requirements 🔍
- 5-10 years of experience implementing sustainability strategy
- Proficient in Excel / Google Sheets
Preferred Qualifications 🚀
- Highly detail oriented, organized, and data-driven
- Experience in carbon footprint estimation (Life Cycle Analysis preferred)
- Experience communicating with internal and external business stakeholders
EcoCart Benefits 🎉
Series A Equity
Best-of-the-best options for medical, dental, & vision insurance
Mental health benefits
Paid parental leave
Summer half-day Fridays
Proactive, collaborative company culture with a shared vision for climate impact!