Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
About Us 🌎
EcoCart is a leading climate technology application for online retailers. We partner with brands to meet their sustainability goals by identifying opportunities to reduce their carbon footprint throughout their supply chain and business operations. Where greenhouse gas emissions are unavoidable we partner with certified carbon offset projects. By helping ecommerce businesses tell their sustainability story we boost trust, prevent greenwashing, and offset unavoidable greenhouse gas emissions.
We are a 50-person, remote-first company looking for people who are motivated by being part of a team building products that will help change the world. We're growing quickly, and want you to grow with us - Join us in our mission to make the fight against climate change easy, accessible, & affordable for everyone!
EcoCart is currently only hiring folks based in the United States or Canada.
See who you'd be working with by checking out our org chart: https://theorg.com/org/ecocart
Check out our tech stack on StackShare: https://stackshare.io/ecocart-io/ecocart-io
Salary Range: $120,000-$140,000 USD/year
The Opportunity 💻
We are looking for a skilled software engineer to help scale our platform to serve a multitude of client applications and experiences to have a global sustainability impact, leveraging cloud computing through technologies including AWS, CDK, IaC (Infrastructure as Code), ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB and Glue.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative, diverse and dynamic environment, who shares our customer obsession and strives to deliver the most delightful customer experience.
Someone who is highly detail oriented, a flexible team player, has a data-driven decision making process, and most importantly, gets excited by the opportunity to make an outsized impact by building creative products that are helping save the world!
A day in the life ☀️
- Develop cloud architecture systems for exciting new levels of scale at EcoCart
- Work with API, data processing pipelines, and storage scalability problem sets
- Leveraging past experience with technologies such as AWS, CDK, IaC (Infrastructure as Code), ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, Glue and more to help achieve our Global Scale
- Programming experience in ideally Python or Typescript
- Help drive quality process release decisions, and feature completion criteria.
- Enable developers to push applications and software globally with high reliability and uptime
- Utilize working knowledge of software developer and IT operations (DevOps) systems to enable cross-functional software development teams.
- Provide feedback, propose solutions and suggest improvements in the software.
- Monitor, and Troubleshoot issues that come up during software testing.
- Develop new applications and features with the entire engineering team, product team and design team
Minimum Requirements 🔍
- 5+ years of full stack development experience
- Experience with AWS tooling and infrastructure
- Experience designing and maintaining scalable software architecture
- Understanding of asynchronous development and data security principles
- Solid understanding of algorithm complexity, parallel/distributed systems, advanced data structures, computer networking and operating systems
- Ability to write readable, well-documented code
Preferred Qualifications 🚀
- 3+ years of TypeScript and Node.js experience
- Experience working with small teams in a startup environment
- Experience with REST, WebSocket, DynamoDB, Redis
- Experience with Containerization (Docker)
- AWS CDK Experience
- Experience working with Shopify / other e-commerce applications
- Experience working with Front-end technologies is a plus
EcoCart Benefits 🎉
Series A Equity
Best-of-the-best options for medical, dental, & vision insurance
Mental health benefits
Paid parental leave
Summer half-day Fridays
Proactive, collaborative company culture with a shared vision for climate impact!