Senior Product Designer
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
As a member of our team in Pakistan, you’ll collaborate daily with design leaders, product managers and engineers in our San Francisco HQ. This is one of the greatest growth opportunities for designers in Pakistan to work directly with experienced technology professionals with backgrounds from Silicon Valley companies like Google, Twitter, Facebook, Uber, and Stripe (to name a few).
We’re seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our team in Pakistan. We’re open to candidates remote anywhere in Pakistan, but Karachi, Lahore or Islamabad are preferred. You’ll collaborate with a cross-functional technology and operations team to identify and understand customer problems and translate them into innovative and impactful solutions across our ecosystem of fleet and freight management products. You will drive innovation for both long-haul trucking and local commercial vehicles across areas including safety, compliance, real-time tracking, asset management, maintenance, fuel, utilization, and dispatch.
You will lead initiatives from concept through execution by leveraging your expertise in design methodologies, craft, and stakeholder communication. You will be a steward of quality by leveraging, defining, and evolving our design systems to achieve an effective, consistent and cohesive product experience across multiple product surfaces and touchpoints.
What you'll do
- Understand customer and business problems through research and data
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through execution and beyond
- Work with cross-functional peers to define, validate, and prioritize core use cases
- Identify and document key user journeys, workflows, and product opportunities
- Build alignment and articulate vision through strong storytelling and presentations skills
- Obsess over the details of interaction and interface design
- Become a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
- Partner with engineering to efficiently execute and QA design
- Ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Mentor other designers and contribute to the overall design culture of the company
What you’ll need
- 3-6 years of experience in Interaction and Interface design
- Experience leading complex web or mobile projects with a cross-functional team
- Ability to generate detailed design concepts, documentation, and prototypes
- A design portfolio that showcases proficient design skills, product thinking, and problem-solving
- Experience working with or creating design systems and frameworks
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Ability to be comfortable with and navigate an industry undergoing disruption
- At ease working with a cadence that syncs regularly with teams based in California
- Unbounded curiosity and sense of adventure
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?