Software Engineer - Frontend
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Motive, you have an amazing opportunity to exercise your technical expertise while working on the design and architecture of our Motive for Fleets product. We expect you to be an expert in frontend technologies so that you can act as a mentor for junior developers who would be following your lead to write awesome software. As a senior engineer, you would also be responsible for suggesting architectural refinements and keeping the tech stack up to date, doing code reviews, and be involved in hiring great new talent.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the development of medium to large complexity Frontend projects to build new product features involving teams of 2+ developers
- Make architectural design decisions for new product features, do dev milestones planning, do tasks breakdown and sprint planning
- Be involved with the backend engineers, product owners, designers, and QA to efficiently execute on projects
- Provide technical mentorship to junior developers and onboard new hires to the team
- Be involved in code reviews and keeping the design and quality of the code base in check
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of Front End development experience in a major Frontend framework/stack such as Angular, React, Vue
- Mid-advanced knowledge of Angular framework is a big plus.
- Experience leading medium to large complexity Frontend projects, involving architecture and design decision making, dev milestones planning, doing tasks breakdown and sprint planning
- Strong software design and architecture skills.
- Exposure to agile methodology of software development
- Exposure to unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?