Account Executive, Commercial, Motive Cards
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
The Commercial Account Executive for our Motive Cards product is a highly motivated self-starter responsible for developing and closing net-new business and expanding our offering with current customers. Our Commercial Account Executives have a strong ownership attitude and are responsible for end-to-end sales of our financial services spend management product, the Motive Card.
A successful Commercial Account Executive is coachable, receptive to feedback, has a willingness to learn and is open to embracing continuous improvement. Strong interpersonal skills, a strong technical aptitude, a high attention to detail and a natural ability to convey and relate ideas to others are required for this role. Because of the collaborative nature of our Sales team, a win-as-a-team mentality is a must. In this high-energy role, you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, quota-driven environment and be flexible with changing processes.
What You'll Do:
- Prospect and win new Commercial business for Motive Cards through developing strong executive relationships within key prospects to drive expansion of that business with all major accounts, growing share of wallet through developing a deep understanding of each client’s business and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration.
- Harness key relationships to ensure RFP wins and grow contractual-based business
- Partner with the balance of your account team, including Account Managers and Freight Ops, and leverage customer analytics and other available resources to optimize buying decisions
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically to determine the optimal course of action, and implementing best available solutions
- Effectively plan to meet and exceed your ongoing business goals and revenue quotas
- Develop a deep understanding of our technology platform and operations, using that understanding and market input to bring back iterations to our business
- Constantly study and deepen understanding of market trends to enable consultative insight.
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of Commercial and/or Mid Market sales experience with corporate credit card, fuel cards, or enterprise spend management products
- Repeated success with a complex sales motion - strong track record of hunting, exceeding quotas and rapidly growing your book over time, backed up by data
- Strong ability to build rapport with executive decision-makers, influencing outcomes through both an understanding of the customer’s business and the unique solutions that Motive can deliver
- History of working independently with a data-driven mindset for charting a path to short, medium, and long-term sales goals
- Best-in-class communication skills, with the ability to successfully convey key value propositions and quickly manage objections
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent is required
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. For this role, the on-target earnings (base pay + commissions) are:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?