Senior Data Scientist
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
This position will be reporting to Raghu Dhara (Director, Data Science). The candidate is expected to take technical ownership of multiple mission-critical modeling domains in our telematics group. This is a vital hire for the company as Motive leads its competitors in telematics quality and AI, and the candidate would have a front-row seat in defining and building the machine learning algorithms to keep us at this forefront
What You'll Do:
- Develop novel algorithms for telemetry signal processing
- Deploy and test models in the field
- Evaluate results and improve on models
- Collaborate with stakeholders in product, R&D, and engineering
- Present results to executive leadership and other stakeholders
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field, e.g. Computer Science, Math, Economics, or Statistics
- 5+ years experience in data science, machine learning, and data analysis
- Expertise in applied probability and statistics
- Experience in signal processing, time series analysis, and/or telematics
- Deep understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- End-to-end data-driven model deployment experience
Good to Haves:
- Master's Degree in a relevant field
- Experience in signal processing
- Experience working with telematics data
- Background in Physics based research
- PySpark experience is a plus.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?