Software Engineer (AI/Infra)
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
As a Software Engineer (AI/Infra), you will be responsible for driving the execution of crucial infrastructure and platform initiatives related to AI/ML pipelines. These pipelines are designed for highly efficient and scalable model Training, & Inference. The responsibilities include building and developing tools, automation of redundant tasks, and CI/CD systems. This role requires someone with a strong collaborative and growth mindset. You will also look after the career development of the engineering team members.
- Design and develop scalable pipelines for training and serving AI/ML models.
- Work with senior team members to review all technical specification
- Work with technical leads and managers to understand project requirements and business needs and collaborate with engineers across teams to identify and deliver cross-functional
- Focus on addressing availability issues, work on scaling pipelines, and improving features while maintaining SLAs on performance, reliability, and system availability.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across geographic locations
- At least 5 years of relevant development experience with hands-on software engineering experience.
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures & algorithms.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating scalable software systems and services.
- Hands-on experience with containerized platforms like Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent verbal and written skills. You collaborate effectively with other teams and communicate clearly about your work.
- Experience with Apache Spark, Airflow, and Kubeflow would be a plus.
- Experience with machine learning systems would be a plus.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field; MS preferred
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?