Head of AI
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the opportunity:
Computer Vision problems and building our AI camera products. We need an experienced and
ambitious technology leader who can think strategically & architecturally, articulate a compelling
long-term technical vision, develop and execute realistic implementation plans, effectively support
business operations, and manage our Engineering team.
business-critical AI systems and applications, that supports an ambitious business
strategy of profitable growth
● Develop a long-term product roadmap in collaboration with cross-functional teams
● Lead technical design discussions by collaborating with multiple teams
● Drive the execution, launch, and daily operations of functionalities for internal/external
customers and vendors at consistently high qualityIntroduce and continuously evolve
cutting-edge development, release, and operations processes
● Develop, document, and improve best practices and coding standards
● Hire, manage, and develop a diverse team of highly qualified Engineers. This includes
providing expert technical guidance, effective coaching and career development
● As needed, contribute to development tasks such as coding and feature verifications to
assist teams with release commitments, to gain and deepen an understanding of our
codebase and business processes
● 10+ years of experience in AI, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Data Science,
Software Engineering or related domains
● Prior experience in AI cameras or autonomous driving systems a big plus
● 5+ years of experience managing 30+ engineers and 2+ years of experience managing
● Have technical depth and breadth in the following areas: Computer Vision, Machine
Learning, Data Science, agile product development, distributed systems, infrastructure,
● Solid mathematical foundation in Computer Vision, Machine Learning and optimization
● Ability to perform architectural work, including the development of technical designs and
definition of requirements based on an explanation of business issues experienced by
internal/external customers and vendors.
● A high degree of comfort with short release cycles, owning the full software lifecycle,
and deep experience working on a product for public consumption
● Passion for continuous experimentation and learning, coupled with a desire to make
things run faster, better, and cheaper
● Demonstrated success in hiring, managing, motivating, and promoting skilled Engineers
● An opinion on and a solid understanding of what makes for a strong, healthy, and
productive Engineering culture
● A track record as a strong individual contributor earlier in your career, with continued
interest in rolling up your sleeves and pitch in with coding yourself when needed
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. Motive uses three geographic zones to determine pay range. For this role, the compensation ranges are:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?