Senior Manager, Partnership Business Development
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
The Senior Manager, Partnerships Business Development will play a key role in setting and executing strategy for a key set of strategic partners at Motive. They will be responsible for identifying and recruiting high-value partnerships with Independent Software Vendors, Systems Integrators, and Resellers strongly correlated with driving our Enterprise segment growth. This role will require a strong understanding of building and launching new partner programs beginning with internal cross-functional alignment, partner recruitment, internal enablement, and ongoing partner success. It will also require leadership and management expertise as it will grow into a role including direct reports.
What You’ll Do:
- Craft a business plan that outlines the ideal end state of partners, partner types, and partner programs needed for Motive to move across industries and into larger enterprise customers, along with the investments required to make it a reality
- Formulate and launch an ongoing cross-functional internal process to build a business case to evaluate, prioritize, and launch the most impactful partnerships across ISVs, SIs, and Resellers including inept from key cross-functional stakeholders
- Design, launch, and manage a highly-valuable partner program aimed at enticing 3rd Party ISVs to build to our APIs
- Launch a self-service program designed to help interested integration partners build and list their integrations on our marketplace in a cost efficient manner
- Work closely with Product to ensure we maintain an integrated approach on the Build/Buy/Partner decisions
- Create and launch an internal enablement program designed to ensure 100% of Motive’s GTM teams understand what integrations are currently available, what to do when one isn’t available, and continually gather data to inform future decisions on which integrations should be prioritized
- Drive the creation and execution of a reporting strategy designed to measure the impact of ISV, SI, and Reseller partners
- Develop and maintain project plans, timelines, and budgets for partnerships initiatives
- Manage stakeholder relationships, including working closely with partners, cross-functional teams, and internal stakeholders
- Analyze and evaluate the success of partnerships initiatives and develop recommendations for improvements
- Identify and assess potential risks and challenges, and develop mitigation plans
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of partnerships initiatives with company-wide initiatives and goals
- Ensure that all partnerships initiatives are executed in compliance with company policies and legal requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels and in situations requiring instructing, persuading, negotiating, conflict resolution, consulting, and advising, as well as flawless written communication
What We’re Looking For:
- Have a minimum of 5-7 years working extensively with ISVs
- Understand and effectively prioritize the top integration needs for Motive
- Measure and track the impact of ISV, SI, and Reseller partners on Motives overall business
- Launch end-to-end process for the identification, recruitment, launch, and success of ISV, SI, and Reseller partners
- Design a long-term monetization strategy of the relevant partners this role has responsibility for managing
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. Motive uses three geographic zones to determine pay range. For this role, the compensation ranges are:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?