Staff Product Manager, Risk (Motive Card)
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
The risk team at Motive builds the foundation for managing our risk across all our financial products including Motive Card. In this role you will lead and own the strategy and roadmap of the risk team. The ideal candidate will have a mix of customer focus and appreciation for financial risk, thrive in a fast-moving environment, and be an expert in negotiating and prioritizing business needs to drive customer impact.
As Staff Product Manager, Risk, you will partner closely with other product managers, designers, engineers, risk operations and other stakeholders to build and manage risk systems at Motive. And you’ll need to quickly develop expert knowledge of our customers, our offerings, and the market. In return, you’ll receive visibility across the organization and will be a key voice in one of the most exciting companies in the transportation industry. This is a great time to join Motive, and we’re looking for heavy-hitters to join us on our mission.
What You’ll Do:
- Set out the vision and roadmap for Risk at Motive.
- Drive group alignment around product features to efficiently execute the risk roadmap.
- Develop and articulate metrics, requirements, goals, and features to all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop product documentation including product requirement documentation, wireframes and process flows.
- Partner with business leaders from stakeholder teams on formulation and execution of the digital strategy, vision and product roadmap.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years experience with Product Management
- Domain expertise in payments and risk is a strong plus.
- High customer empathy, with a desire to get in the shoes of our customers
- Have high “EQ”; be even-keeled, flexible, and able to quickly adapt to unexpected changes
- Proven experience in delivering commercially successful software products
- Be data-driven; you regularly seek out and use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with different personality types and seniority levels
- Have enough technical knowledge to enough to gain the respect of software engineers
- Experience working effectively with remote/offshore teams
- Experience in agile product development.
- Knowledgeable in data structures, SQL, and developing reporting.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?