Senior Technical Trainer
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Technical Trainer in Support, you will enhance the competencies of individual employees, by designing and conducting technical training programs that will boost employees’ support performance in alliance with the company’s core values. You will be responsible for performing training needs assessments on new technology, designing and delivering technical training curriculum and learning materials, and managing all phases of training interventions for Tech Support’s “upper-tiers.” This position plays a key role in the improvement of our trouble-shooting processes, SOP documentation and ultimately, customer journey and experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Assess training needs of agents; develop and deliver training materials
- Assess escalation paths, trouble-shooting SOPs and improvements
- Support development of technical training plans and curriculum; design training classes and utilize a variety of teaching techniques for tech support
- Interact and report to management on training environment, success and opportunities for development
- Design “upper-tiers” Tech Support onboarding content for new hires
- Design and develop ongoing training content, assessments; recommend and develops recursive training when necessary; provide reporting on overall agent effectiveness, progress, and improvements
- Work closely with software and hardware engineers to assess workflows and develop sustainable solutions
- Perform analysis of data to determine impact/prevalence of issues -- use analytics tools like Redash & Jira
- Interact with all areas of the business on products and services to ensure current information at all times
- Collaborate with Team Leads individually for improvement, training plans or content partnership
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience in technical support, or software development role
- 2+ years in training, learning and development, or related field
- Experienced with software development process and tools for a SAAS based product
- Strong understanding of REST APIs and SQL
- Excellent understanding of SFDC and Jira reporting tools
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies, E.g. Looker, JIRA, Java, C++, Salesforce
- High level of oral and written communication skills. Preferred fluent in spoken and written English
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability to read between the lines
- Learning Strategy experience would be ideal, but not required, however a strong understanding of adult learning needs is necessary in order to make strong recommendations for a consistent cycle of improvement
- Project management experience preferred
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?