Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As our Website Designer/Developer, you are responsible for delivering industry leading UI/UX designs for gomotive.com. You will support and manage the evolution of the website design system and translate that into code for the development team. This role will work collaboratively with cross functional partners to understand project requirements, user needs, and project timelines to deliver best in class web experiences. This role will also play a key part in crafting web pages, A/B testing, personalization, designing prototypes, and more. The ideal candidate not only has a strong UX/UI understanding, but can work to bring those designs into reality as a proficient frontend developer.
This role is remote and based in the US.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with web strategists, developers and business stakeholders to ideate, design, and govern clear and engaging design solutions across A/B Tests, new landing pages, and site updates that help drive business results across the entire customer journey.
- Maintain and evolve the website design system into a modular/componentized framework for both designers and developers.
- Produce high quality visual designs from concept through execution for desktop and mobile experiences.
- Use data, research and insights to inform design decisions and evaluate their impact and derive customer insights that will help us solve our biggest customer problems and show real business results.
- Translate business requirements into customer-centric designs that are visually enticing, engaging, and effective.
- Effectively communicate design concepts to business stakeholders and cross functional partners.
- Manage a pipeline of work, seeking ways to improve team project management efficiency
- Working closely with developers on QA to ensure releases are up to quality standards.
- Bring web pages live by taking your designs and developing them into reality.
- Focus on developing complex motions and/or interactive elements.
- Develop reusable modules and elements to deploy within our Wordpress CMS.
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience in website design
- 3+ years of experience in web development
- Able to develop within a Wordpress environment
- Fluency with Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, or similar program
- Experience developing and maintaining modular design systems
- Strong understanding of typographical skills and visual hierarchy.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (Web Strategist, PM, Content, PMM, Engineering)
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Self-driven to succeed and comfortable executing at a high level while working in an entirely remote team setting.
- Proven track record of designing and developing motion/interactive web experiences.
- Strong understanding of technical SEO best practices
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. Motive uses three geographic zones to determine pay range. For this role, the compensation ranges are:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?