Sr Product Design Manager (Financial Products)
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Product Design Manager to lead our Financial Products team in building innovative solutions that enhance the way our customers manage their productivity and profitability. As a hands-on player-coach, you will lead a team of designers and work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to execute on strategic projects. Your primary responsibility will be to identify and understand customer problems and translate them into impactful solutions that integrate seamlessly into our existing suite of products and apps. You will drive design thinking and create innovative financial products that cater to our long-haul trucking and local commercial clients.
In this role, you will be instrumental in mentoring and coaching your team of designers, while also playing an active role in the design process. You will leverage your expertise in design methodologies and craft to lead initiatives from concept to execution. As a steward of quality, you will define and evolve our design systems to ensure a consistent and cohesive product experience across multiple product surfaces and touch points.
Reporting to our VP of Design, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented and passionate team to make a meaningful impact on our customers' lives. As a design leader who enjoys getting their hands dirty and tackling complex design problems, you will play a pivotal role in not only managing your team, but also contributing to the design process. If you have a proven track record of successfully leading design initiatives while still actively participating in design work, we encourage you to apply.
What You’ll Do:
- Understand customer and business problems through research and data
- Shape strategy and direction for the highest priority product investments
- Connect-the-dots across disparate product areas to uncover patterns and opportunities
- Think in terms of broad platform and systems strategy rather than siloed features
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through execution and beyond
- Manage and mentor a small team of designers and contribute to the overall design culture of the company
- Establish a high bar for design quality across the company that aligns with our brand
- Build alignment and articulate vision through strong storytelling and presentation skills
- Become a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
What We’re Looking For:
- 8+ years of IC and design management in User Experience, Interaction and Interface design
- Experience leading complex web and mobile projects with a cross-functional team
- Ability to generate detailed design concepts, documentation, and prototypes
- A design portfolio that showcases proficient design skills, product thinking, and problem-solving
- Experience working with or creating design systems and frameworks
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work with a global team across multiple time-zones.
- Ability to be comfortable with and navigate an industry undergoing disruption
- Unbounded curiosity and sense of adventure
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Something looks off?