Senior Sales Executive, Strategic
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
As we continue our fast growth, we are looking to add to our Brand Partnerships team within the Business Development group. We are hiring a Senior Sales Executive to focus on core consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies through relationship building, solution selling and influencing.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Deliver on individual/team sales and net margin targets
- Develop and maintain relationships with advertisers
- Develop data driven sales collateral, case studies, and custom ‘stories’ to translate benefits of Instacart’s platform to CPG advertisers business needs.
- Lead annual planning and budgeting process with Fortune 100 accounts
- Create data-backed proposals for up to multi-million dollar contracts for digital advertising
- Partner with Internal teams such as: account management, analytics, product and engineering to shape the future of our product monetization strategy
- A solid understanding of the CPG environment either through direct sales experience or similar exposure
- Sales experience in fast-paced environment with average contract values of $100k - $1MM
- Experience presenting to potential and current clients (presentation building)
- High attention to detail with strong execution skills
- Familiarity with the tools of the trade (eg. Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Google Drive Suite, Salesforce)
- Experience with large data sets and ability to extract business insights from analysis (Experience in SQL, Tableau, Periscope preferred)
- Client presence and persuasiveness
- Metrics orientation - can get up to speed on search/ad metrics quickly
- Client service orientation - fast follow ups, general sense of urgency
- Openness to travel (40 - 60%)
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. This role also includes a Sales Incentive Plan. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.