Field Technician - St Louis, MO, United States (flex hours/contract role)
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Field Technicians work with Caper Carts across our partner locations to diagnose and resolve hardware and software related issues. You will work with tickets submitted via ourSupport Portal when on-site troubleshooting and resolution is needed. . You will also provide valuable feedback on the state of hardware and software in the field to our teams. Caper will provide you with all of the tools and work-instructions needed to solve on-site issues. You will collaborate with and be supported by teammates to contribute your feedback, ideas, and processes to build the future of grocery.
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper’s unique technology is a plug-and-play solution that does not require retail store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy compute, and endless image labeling & training. Retailers simply purchase smart shopping carts and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities!
Caper is one of the fastest-growing retail automation technology products in the market, costs less than 1% of our competitions’ infrastructure and is already widely adopted in the marketplace. Our cross-functional and durable Product team solves hard customer & business problems in ways that our customers love.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Work with the Hardware and Operations teams to diagnose and resolve issues, as well as deliver new features and improvements to Caper carts
- Communicate with our clients and represent Caper professionally on-site and virtually
- Capture clear notes and other media to document understanding and resolution processes for issues encountered
- Work with a Wonderful Team that will support you in your success
- Requires availability Monday through Friday and the ability to diagnose and resolve incident tickets on-site within 48 hours.
- Contracted role can provide supplemental income with flexible day and evening hours
- Enjoy learning about and working directly with software and hardware of new technology.
- Highly organized with strong verbal and written communication skills to support customer and team interactions, as well as documentation.
- Customer-focused orientation that aims to over-deliver on expectations
- Willing to work independently in the field with limited supervision
- Logical thinker who is able to connect the dots when a complex challenge arises
- Collaborative attitude who enjoys working with a team to solve problems
- 1+ years of experience in technical support, mechanical engineering, hardware maintenance or related fields in a corporation or in a startup environment
- Great troubleshooting skills to look beyond the task at hand and find creative solutions to simple and complex problems
- Experience at handling wires, electronic circuits, computers and other devices and high-tech devices such as copiers, printers, POS systems; Basic knowledge of electrical engineering/wiring
- Basic network knowledge in setup of Wi-Fi devices
- Comfortable working with Windows, Android, Gmail, Google Drive, Excel, Slack, and troubleshooting tools and apps
- Ability travel-out-of-state for training purposes
- Must have a vehicle and clean driving record.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary including a monthly retainer
- Flexible schedule
- This is a Part-Time contract position (1099)