Senior Analyst, Measurement Science
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned analytics expert in lift measurement, attribution, advertising efficacy and data analytics to join our Measurement Science Team in Media Analytics. As an analytics expert, you are specialized in performance measurement and support growing investment on the Instacart platform.
With this role, you will have a unique opportunity to delve into multi-retailer 1st party deterministic user data. Using gold standard measurement capabilities you will be able to showcase a causal understanding of ads impact on consumer behavior. You will be representing Instacart’s various measurement solutions internally and externally to our advertisers and agency partners. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the top CPG brands in the world. This role will challenge you to not only provide strategic direction to our clients on their marketing efforts, but also build trust through partnership with our brand partners by providing high quality insights and measurement recommendations.
About the Team
The Measurement Science Team is our advertiser-facing team that uses experimentation and ad-hoc analytics to help our advertisers understand the effectiveness of their advertising spend. Measurement Science is one part of our broader Media Analytics team, whose mission is to leverage data to identify opportunity, accurately prove value and improve performance of Ads through impactful insights, strategic partnership and operational efficiency.
About the Job
- Setup and monitor advertising effectiveness studies for our clients using our measurement solutions and products.
- Engage in client conversations, presentations of results and partner internally with cross functional and specialist teams to advise on marketing best practices using evidence based insights.
- Serve as day-to-day trusted measurement advisor with cross functional teams.
- Prove the value of Instacart ads using experimentation and experience
- Work on solutions which support your team’s most important goals. Reprioritize work when efforts aren’t positively impacting the team’s success metrics or addressing the needs of stakeholders and users
- Work with collaborators to identify new ways of delivering results that balance speed and quality
- Initiate clear, continuous communication with teammates and stakeholders in an impactful way that does not just inform, but guides decision making
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, Finance, Economics, Business
- 4+ years of experience in data and measurement, management consulting fields, statistical data analytics and general love of data
- 2+ years of relevant experience within advertising efficacy and research, media/marketing measurement
- Broad knowledge of how advertising measurement ecosystem works along with familiarity towards statistical significance testing, attribution such as last-click and multi-touch, A/B testing, lift/incrementality testing, Randomized Control Trial experiments, Marketing Mix Modeling, Bayesian analysis etc.
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner.
- Proactive approach and the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time.
- A track record of communicating nuanced data-driven insights to a range of audiences and building/influencing client relationships.
- Hands-on data analysis experience with standard technical tools like SQL, R/Python, etc.
- Familiarity with visualization tools such as Tableau and Mode.
- 2+ years of conducting and presenting lift measurement studies to clients
- Experience directing sales teams in an analytic/quantitative capacity.
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.