Spread Operations Program Lead (Contract)
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Role - We are seeking an organized, analytical and highly motivated individual to provide contractor support to Instacart’s Spread Operations team. The ideal contractor finds it exciting to uncover unusual patterns in behavior and is passionate about investigating these patterns further to get to the root of the problem and work cross-functionally to drive solutions. In this role, you will need to make critical & sensitive decisions quickly while maintaining strong attention to detail. It’s important to appreciate that you will be operating in a very dynamic environment which requires always having an eye towards improvement.
About the Team - This team takes data-driven, customer-first approaches to identifying efficiency and quality opportunities to improve the customer experience and improve clarity for retailers and Instacart’s bottom line. As a Spread Operations Program Lead, you will support Instacart’s Spread team by executing and optimizing day to day processes and provide clarity on key cost drivers to Instacart and their partners, which includes being accountable for weekly metrics. The role will oversee and improve programs of shopper and catalog quality. In addition, you will be at the forefront of developing & implementing strategies that ensure the ongoing stability of the Instacart platform.
This is a 6-month contracted position at Instacart with expectations to work 40 hours per week. This is a non-exempt position, paid hourly and eligible for additional hours as necessary.
About the Job
- Responsible for leading projects and work streams to meet goals and objectives with a high degree of precision while adapting to unexpected issues and proactively driving solutions
- Ensure accurate and granular reporting on performance and QA for improvement areas
- Develop deep subject matter expertise in Customer and Shopper Transactions
- Create & maintain detailed documentation of operational procedures including regularly auditing current policies
- Analyze problems logically with a focus on attention to detail while maintaining confidentiality
- Effectively communicate to cross-functional stakeholders new trends and unusual cases, helping size business impact and gain deep rooted buy-in for sustainable wins
- Optimize supporting processes through multiple iterations, standardizing to the point of near-automation
- Research and analyze data using internal and external tools to identify fraudulent activity and understand opportunities to minimize fraud and reduce unnecessary customer impact
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure a high level of compliance, while also developing long-term sustainable solutions.
- Resolve customer and shopper account issues through timely and effective responses
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Economics, Finance, Business or other related field
- 4-6 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated business acumen and a track record of leveraging data for business impact
- Strong proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead projects and work streams from inception to launch
- High degree of ownership and accountability
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving
- Strong communication, writing, and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and fortitude to work through ever-changing and dynamic operational conditions
- Ability to resolve critical and sensitive issues quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate within a high degree of confidentiality
- Experience in creating and improving processes
- Dedication to providing white-gloved customer service
- Strong understanding of SQL is a plus
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings or holiday when necessary