Strategic Financial Analyst (Contract)
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Role
As a Strategic Financial Analyst Contractor, you have the ability to both operate at the lowest level of detail and consider the big picture to drive strategic and investment recommendations. You have exceptional analytical capabilities, excel in data-driven decision making and are a clear confident communicator. This role will report to the Director of Strategic Finance and support the entire Opex team.
About the Team
The Strategic Finance Team is dedicated to supporting our business partners to make sound financial and strategic decisions that lead to profitable growth, operating efficiency and continued investment in our 4-sided marketplace. The Opex team in particular focuses on operating costs, including headcount and non-workforce expenses.
About the Job
- Own monthly update of support materials for forecast model and forecast slides
- Drive refresh of monthly business review materials, including Eng Scorecard and Actual vs. Forecast variance commentary
- Optimize and maintain monthly T&E reporting, including developing Team Jams tracker for scalable distribution
- Serve as tooling point of contact to retrieve underlying data for monthly deliverables and ad-hoc requests (e.g. Workday, Oracle, Adaptive, Expensify)
- Perform ad hoc financial modeling and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Economics, Finance, Business or other related field
- 3-5 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated financial acumen and a track record of leveraging data for business impact
- Highly proficient in Excel modeling with strong attention to detail
- Ability to use data to identify and quantify opportunities for growth or profitability improvement
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about complex business problems, developing frameworks and providing recommendations
- Work experience in consulting, investment banking, or Strategic Finance at a high-growth technology company preferred
- Experience working with Adaptive, Oracle, Expensify, or similar is preferred
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal stakeholders
Compensation: $60-75/hr depending on experience and location